install problem

install works but program doesn’t

I’ve been trying to upgrade to the latest build of v5.05. After repeated failures–the install worked but the program locked up as soon as I tried to do something–I removed and/or renamed all directories associated with n-Track Studio and ran a registry cleaner app. I tried the install again. This time there was no shellctl.dll error but the program locked up again. I was able to run v5.04 with no problems. I tried installing it and had the same problem.

Hi willie_mctell:
I don’t seem to have any install issues. I’m at build 2233 and all is fine… The issue I have is, Flavio has defaulted the “Path” to find the folder that was in the last build and config. for some reason he has removed the last Drive-and-Folder path from the latest install/builds…

That’s causing me Big Time headaches trying to reinstall the PATH to where the last .sng file including where the Tracks were placed…

For me, I use several drives to import the tracks to the timeline… It’s important to me to continue the PATH structure from that previous build/builds to insure the tracks are found by the new build… I even have some tracks on other DAWs…

The new PATH config. pattern has my tracks not even appearing on the timeline… I just see an “X” as what represents the track(s)…

I know the tracks that should appear on the timeline… I will have to create a new folder(s) and place all the .sng and wav files where they can be imported… from… I’d like to see if Flavio can revert back to build 2229 in the Path(s) config. Line(s)… of n-Track…

Otherwise… it’s “Work-Around” city for me…

Bill…

Problem solved. I installed Spycatcher, a freeware anti-spyware app highly recommended by PC Magazine. It conflicted with n-Track in some way or other. Uninstalled Spycatcher and n-Track works fine now.