Installation failed

cannot register dll

I had a working copy of this software and decided to try the latest and greatest (ver 4.X). When I install, I get about 5 errors stating riverbero.dll, echo.dll, autovol.dll etc failed to register. Each of these appear to be dll’s speifically from n-tracks. I have been trying to figure this out for months and contacted Flavio who stated he did not know what it could be. He also suggest to do the obvious which was to ensure to anti virus and anti spyware were not running. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

Are you running in an account that has admin rights to the box?

Those are Directx effects by the look of things. Perhaps the old ones are still registered and that is causing a problem.

The other reaon is if regsvr32.exe is missing or not in the system path anymore. Open up a CMD window and type regsvr32.exe /? with no path or anything, then enter. If it pops up the help then it’s in you path and the problem is something else.

Quote (Mark A @ Nov. 12 2005,08:44)
Are you running in an account that has admin rights to the box?

Those are Directx effects by the look of things. Perhaps the old ones are still registered and that is causing a problem.

Yes I have admin rights to the box. I can install any other piece of software except this one. Thanks for the idea about old ones. I thought I had deleted all sources of them. When I tried the install and it failed I tried to register the offending dll's but it states it cannot find them but I clearly see them. Thanks you have given me some ideas.
Quote (phoo @ Nov. 12 2005,10:31)
The other reaon is if regsvr32.exe is missing or not in the system path anymore. Open up a CMD window and type regsvr32.exe /? with no path or anything, then enter. If it pops up the help then it's in you path and the problem is something else.

Yes the path works when I register the dll's. It fails of course but I can register other dll's.