installing .NET Framework 2.0

Help!!!

I attempted to install N-Track 2.1 Beta. I’m prompted to install .NET Framework 2.0 first. When I answer “Yes” to the prompt, nothing happens. I went to the MS Developers site to download and the link does appear to do anything.

My OS is WinXP SP 2.

Any suggestions??

Try this link…

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa…lang=en

That did it! Thanks much phoo!!

I stand corrected… Isn’t the .NET Framwork v2.0 for DAW’s that have “DUAL Processor” use/set-ups?

Bill…

Bill -

I’m just speculating that it was needed for N-Track V4.1 Beta which was enhanced to take advantage of CPUs with hyper-threading and multi-processor systems. .NET Framework V2.0 may be required for N-Track even though the PC does not have these capabilities.

-TJ

Hi tommyj55:
BbOoYy… It’s some tough to stay “Current”…

I’m thinking about going back and … Dragging some iron wire through a magnet with a coil of wire wrapped around it… lol… :p ??? :laugh:

My Big TO-DO right now is… Trying to load these Flakey Lexicon Drivers onto a '98SE partition… Sigh… again…

Bill…

Bill:

I just checked out your recording website and I’m drooling!! :p

Question - Is your control romm isolated from the recording area?

Thanks,

- TJ

Hi tommyj55:
It’s barely acceptable…

My RADAR Buddy… his name is Wayne… and I,… have Long… Heated arguments over topics like this… If I limit Tracking and repro’ing to 85 db and lower… in sound pressure level, I can just get away with it… Wayne says NnOo… However, my repro set-up is capable of mabey 98-102 db levels… and that’s painful on the ears, for me… I can’t get away with,the set-up, as I have it…

I need some more acoustic conditioning… like what willy or some of the other guys have… Owen Bradley and Harlan Howard, and guys like them, knew how it was done… But these guys are all gone, now… The kids comming up through it now are more Gear freeks… than *Acoustic" freeks… lol… See… you got me go’in Why do I do this? :laugh:

I really have to get over to Wayne’s place and grab some photos… I promised you guys I would post some photos of his set-up…

Believe me… this place has world-class capabilities…

We discussed every aspect of his design/setup… Right from the AC Power requirments…

Can we argue… :p

Bill…

bill!.. yeah, good stuff at your site!..

have you ever heard of rack rails? :D

isaac

Hi isaac:
I know… That outboard/rack stuff should be mounted behind the console chair… And available to the mixing desk by just rotating the chair… and be well lit, so the rack gear can be seen without a flashlight… The MIDI sequencer Bench should be reorganized with the Keyboard/controller and a bench area available to the MIDI sequencer/operator from with-in arm’s reach of the console … somehow… I know from sequencing drum parts that it is, a bit out-of-the-way… Drum lines aren’t done like that, anymore… I don’t think… I used to spend Hours-and-Hours at that sequencer bench… only to get lines that I wasn’t satisfied, with… Good drum tracks have such a dynamic range, that I’m not able to do acceptable TUBS… phoo can… I know… And Wayne can… They have the celing height, to do TUBS… I’m hopeing that Drumagog is gonna help me, in that department… That’s when I get the program… We’ll see…

The MIDI/Sequencer Bench is, all but gone… Hey… it served well… over time… The beginnings of some pretty nice projects started right at that bench… along with the Tascam 38…

I have two nice Programable Digital Delay units… along with a SimmonsMIDI 8-track note converter… That stuff used to see a lot of work…

Bill…