Instrumentist Survey

vote please!

Hi friends. I thought that a poll like this can be usefull for info purposes for the members of the forum. By example, I usually sequence or write in staff music for many instruments that i dont play and that i dont know deeply. Sometimes i wish know someone to ask him “hey is this possible to do with your instrument” or “found you realistic this sample?” or many other questions.
If you want vote and made a little post about what you exactly plays (primarely, i know that there are out several genious that play many instruments), i believe that can help the others member when want to ask something agout it.
See you!

P.S.:Sorry if the grouping of instruments is not the more right. If you vote for woodwinds, by example, maybe you can specify “flute” (and other ones that you play also)

I play piano and a little of tenor and soprano recorder

I started with violin back in -87, since -96 I’ve played mostly guitar until recently got exited about keyboard. Guitar is my thing, rock/metal guitars specifically :angry: :cool: . What I’d really like to learn would be sax and accordion… That’s when I’ll get enough money to spend on 'em. Have to discuss it with my girlfriend though, she thinks I have enuff guitars/other musical gear already to fill one small flat :wink:

Instead of G.A.S. it can be called M.I.A.S? :laugh:

I was told, that as a small child, I was rather proficient at flailing my arms and kicking my legs in frantic temper tantrums. ???

Drums have worked out pretty well for me over the last 23 some odd years. :laugh:

Guitars for 37 years (geesh) if you need an answer about guitars you will get a bazillion answers since there is about a bazillion guitarists in the world

When I was young and foolish, I found that Bass Playing could earn me a Dollar-and-a-Half… Then Bass Players could be found for a Dime-a-Dozen… Now-a-Daz, I think you can get them for a nickel…

I’d really like to become a Harp Player or a Keyboard Player… :laugh: :cool:

Bill…

Quote (marce @ Dec. 11 2004,19:56)
Instead of G.A.S. it can be called M.I.A.S? :laugh:

umm... Musical Instruments in Apartment , aka. Storage? :) bah I give up, what does that mean?

Music Instrument Acquiring Syndrome :D (sorry if i wrote bad acquire verb)

Music Instrument Acquiring Syndrome :laugh:

That’s the way I’d write it also, marce… :laugh: That’d be my “Bluenose” dialect showing through…

Bill…

Piano since 4
Violin since 8
Guitar since 16

and never mind how old I am now…its none of your business :D

Wished I got started in the sax too at some point :)

Sorry i dont do a “multi-instrumentalist guy” option.

Asp wrote:
<!–QuoteBegin>

Piano since 4
Violin since 8
Guitar since 16

Following mathematics, you need start a new instrument at 32, and your last one at 64, or are you planning to live until 128?:D

I chose keyboards, although it’s mostly crap. Too bad you can’t do multi-instrument vote as you said. I played tuba, Sousaphone and baritone for 4 years, though that was 2 decades ago. I also play the radio.

Quote (marce @ Dec. 12 2004,15:11)
Following mathematics, you need start a new instrument at 32, and your last one at 64, or are you planning to live until 128?:D
That would almost be possible, since we are only allowed to live up to a potential 120 years of age. :p

I happen to own a MIDI keyboard and a guitar.

But ownership, alas, does not confer ability. I can hack a bit on keyboards because I had a couple years of piano lessons as a kid. The guitar is around mainly to torment me with the knowledge that although I’ve had one around for 20 years, i still only pick it up for maybe 4 hours a year. The first 3 hours of each year are spent trying to remember what I tried the last year, and the fourth hour convinces me that I’m just not progressing with this. :(

I do play the soldering iron really well. Also the programmable calculator. I’m getting better at editing other people’s MIDI files. And I do have some facility with doing audio editing.

Guitar at number one! what a surprise. lol

I was going to select Ethnic Instruments, as I spent a while in Ethnia in my younger days and learned to master one of the most unusual “percussion” instruments I’ve ever come across.

It’s a huge drum, and inside it they put a bee-hive.

At festivals the whole tribe start to gently, but with increasing force and tempo, tapping on the skin, which causes the bees to become agitated and start humming loudly.

I think it makes a fascinating sound, although, many people find it a wee bit humdrum.

Ali

Sorry :(

wow, we guitarist sure are a dying breed…???

I play quite a number of different instruments including Guitar, Bass, Keyboards/Piano and Drums. There are some more but I don’t want to get boring. :D

Quote (marce @ Dec. 12 2004,15:11)
Sorry i dont do a "multi-instrumentalist guy" option.

Asp wrote:
Piano since 4
Violin since 8
Guitar since 16

Gads I didnt even notice those numbers. :D

Interestingly enough those lessons except the guitar were strictly enforced by mother dearest. I hated those lessons because at that age I had no appreciation for music...the intense scales and insane time signatures playing varieties of concertos, sonatinas, and sonatas only to do it all over again in violin later.
Tho I learned a ton about reading music, harmonics and music theory and applied it to rock music a la Beatle-esque.

Heh..I always imagined to be dead before 40 when I was in my late teens to my early 20's :D who knows :p

I played piano since 6 years, guitars (e-/a-/bass-) since 4 years, keyboards since 1 1/2 years and
a little bit drums (can do it, but don´t have any practise).

The facts of the years seem to be very low, but I´m 17-years old pupil…and I´ve got a lot of time in future to play theese instruments !!

guitars and drums is what i say…