iOS: Prevent Tracks from Record Arming

Why do tracks auto-arm when selected?

I am very new to n-Track on iOS, and it’s pretty damn good. However, why are selected tracks automatically armed for recording? Is there a setting to turn this behavior off that I have missed? It is very annoying to have to constantly un-arm tracks just to experience a proper playback.

What a horrible behavior. The worst thing is that, because the mic is enabled, and I’m trying to review the output through the speaker, there is awful feedback. But, even through headphones, all of the room noise creeps in through the mic. Both are unacceptible when mixing or editing (AND NOT RECORDING!).

I turned the mic off in privacy settings, which gets rid of these negative side effects. But then the app constantly nags me to enable the mic. Also, if I do wish the use the mic, it sucks to have to get out of the app to turn it back on.

Thoughts or suggestions? Am I the only one who dislikes this behavior?

I’m not an iOS user but is there a ‘Live’ button?

Hi Redzoom, the auto-arm behaviour can by bypassed in the settings menu.
Simply open the Settings clicking on the ‘Hammer’ icon in the bottom-right part of the screen, then select ‘Input Settings’ and disable the ‘Auto arm selected track’ option.

Thanks for your appreciation and feedback,
Andrea
n-Track Team

Andrea-- thanks so much. I didn’t notice that setting. You are awesome! --rw :agree:

And thanks, tonyr. I did notice a live monitoring option. That had some unexpected behavior, or maybe I just don’t know what those settings are supposed to do. At any rate, this problem is resolved, and I feel pretty good about ntracking… I will be sure and check you out on reverbnation when I’m sitting at my rig…

Glad you’re over the blip. I’ll listen forward to hearing your work.

So Andrea & Tony, this version of nTrack is pretty awesome and solid and working well on IOS 9.01! Any chance on adding some new features to get it closer to the desktop versions? I realize VST/AU/DirectX support is not viable yet, but how about time stretch/pitch shifting, downloadable skins, or the Parametric EQ?

Sorry, Heimie. i’m not au fait with iOS.

Quote: (Heimie @ Sep. 25 2015, 4:05 AM)

So Andrea & Tony, this version of nTrack is pretty awesome and solid and working well on IOS 9.01! Any chance on adding some new features to get it closer to the desktop versions? I realize VST/AU/DirectX support is not viable yet, but how about time stretch/pitch shifting, downloadable skins, or the Parametric EQ?

I'm glad that n-Track for iOS is working well for you. We are working on a new update with a bunch of new features, including an enhanced EQ, stay tuned :)

Flavio.

Yes! That sound terrific Flavio!
I can’t wait to see what you’ve got planned for the update.
n-Track is the only DAW on my IPad, I honestly like using the IOS version better than the Windows version. Nothing wrong with the Windows version, but I really enjoy piping in all the various apps and effects directly in through Audiobus, rather than wire it into my PC. I’ve bought both versions of your n-Track app and all the effects to show my support, it’s pretty cool to have 2 n-Tracks in my studio for such a low price. Cheers Flavio, and thanks for all your hard work!!!

Congratulation! You must solve it for a long time!

That’s great! You must solve it a lot of days ago.