is it safe....?

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether it is safe to un-install v4 after installing v5?
Thanks,

Hans

Hi hansje:

I’m sure I’ve not seen any topics discussing that matter, recentlly…
I know that the Two Folders you see share VST DLLs and maybe some Track/Files may not like to be brought forward into v5…
I might have seen some discussions regarding issues like that… But not here on this end… I notice from time-to-time that I use v4 build 2099 launches for no reason if I double-click on an .sng icon/file…

There must be a reason for that…
However, I’m unable to explain that…

If it were me… I’d let sleeping dogs lie…
I wouldn’t want it to bite me on the back side…

Bill…

I’ve never had a problem when I went from one version to another. I’m pretty sure I ran 4 and 5 on the same computer before removing version 4 with no problem, but I can’t recall if I had to reinstall version 5 to get it to work. That’s a good sign; if it were a big problem I would recall.
If it were me, I would make certain I had the version I wanted to use on hand. Set up version 5 the way I wanted it (you may have to move the VST files to a folder in version 5 if they are only in version 4’s folder. If you use the control panel to uninstall version 4 the VST files and some other “add-ons” should be left in the version 4 folder).
Uninstall version 4 from the Windows control panel and then see if 5 works - if it does not, reinstall the version 5. Should Not be any problem at all.
Good luck,
Bax