Is There a Way..

To forward Restore?

Hi Trackers:
I recently got into restoring this XP Desk to an earlier date… I haven’t found that I’ve had to do this very often to this machine, so I know very little about how this works…

I backed this desk up to Aug, 13th… I am installing some new plugs into this setup here… The plugs are a new generation of VST software… It’s known as VST v2.4… I know very-little-to-nothing, about this Standard…

However, in the process of installing these plugs I found that n-Track builds 2099 and the later version v5 has developed a “Close Exception” when the new standard VST v2.4 plugs are launched into n-Track… This is no-big-deal yet, as I’m sure that Flavio and Torben will correct this as they develop their products… When I was unable to launch the plugins I am in the process of buying and found I couldn’t open them , I thought I did something to my setup that caused this issue… That’s why I restored my desk to Aug. 13th…

Now I want to “Forward Restore” my desk to Sept 1st… and… I find that the “Restore” Utility of Windows will not “Not Forward Restore” my desk…

As I attempt the restore process, I’m following all the prompts but I get the restore utility screen that says this date will not restore and “That no change to my system will happen”… I tried all the “Dates” from Aug.13th to the present Date… NO-GO…

My System/Desk and I can live with that date, BUT…

Is there a work-around, for this?

Bill…

You can UNDO a restore, but I don’t know about a forward restore.

Dave T2

I worked on this computer and after I couldn’t update the restore, I see no other way than to just continue on from that date… Too Bad… :O ???

Bill…