Is there an auto-scroll setting in Piano Roll view

Is there an auto-scroll setting in Piano

In the Piano Roll view of a MIDI part I would love the ability for the screen to auto-scroll when I am selecting a region that extends beyond the area of the current screen. Here is a scenario:

1. You record 16 bars on a MIDI track
2. You open Piano roll view
3. Because of the current Zoom size you can only see the first 4 bars.
4. You want to select all of the notes on the 16 bars and increase their velocity. Your options are to:
a) Decrease the zoom so that all notes fit in your screen, highlight the notes and change the velocity OR (AND THIS WOULD BE THE NEW FEATURE)

b) without decreasing the zoom, you would select all of the notes that are visible in the current 4 bars and while holding down the mouse you would move your cursor to the right (or the left if moving back on a track). N-Track would “understand” that you are trying to select the other notes in the remaining bars of the track and “auto scroll” or move along with your mouse to allow you to select the other notes.

This feature would eliminate the need to constantly resize the screen to be able to manipulate sections of notes at a time.

AFAIK there isn’t an autoscroll on the piano roll. you can work around it by using the wheel on your mouse to scroll while keeping the select button down. that’s how I do it without resizing everything.

yes autoscroll would be a nice feature :agree:

Thanks for the reply. I have submitted a New Feature request.

Cheers.

Quote: (nramusic @ Aug. 11 2009, 10:17 AM)

you can work around it by using the wheel on your mouse to scroll while keeping the select button down. that's how I do it without resizing everything.

oops, I was wrong, that method only moves the selection box not extends it. sorry. I could have sworn I'd done it that way before. oh well