Is there an effect to use to make my vocals deeper

How would I go about making my vocals sounding deeper? Whether it be EQ settings or an add-in effect? Is there a way?

You could use the ntrack pitch shift for that. But you should try to develope a more natural sound if your planning to use it on your main vocals. If your going to do a spot on 60 mins, never mind. :D
tom

Quote (Tom @ May 14 2006,13:15)
You could use the ntrack pitch shift for that. But you should try to develope a more natural sound if your planning to use it on your main vocals. If your going to do a spot on 60 mins, never mind. :D
tom

Yea I tried the pitch shift effect but it made me sound like a robot LOL. Maybe Ill mess with the params a little more.

celemony melodyne should do the trick. Download the demo and have a play. Although the demo won’t save, you can always re-record the output.

If you want to make your voice “fuller” try some compression and use the EQ to increase the low-frequencies a bit. For pitch shifting it looks like Melodyne is probably the best solution.

What is the problem you are trying to solve? Are you trying to make a harmony or do you just want to improve the sound of your voice? “Radio voice” is mostly a consequence of speaking very close to a directional microphone which causes a significan’t boost of the low-frequencies. A similar effect can be achieved with EQ. Use a low-shelf and play around with the gain and frequency. You may need to watch your levels if you use much boost.

Jim

This “double track lite” technique may also work.

1. Clone the vocal track
2. Use a highshelf filter to attenuate everything above about 300 to 400 hz.
3. Use a lowshelf filter to attenuate everything below 80 hz.
4. Add a very, very short delay.
5. Mix this at the desired level with the original vocal track

EQ and compression is the way most radio stations make their announcers have “boomy” voices. A little reverb helps too.

Use a SM58, or any other cardioid, and stand closer to the mike.

Learn to sing better!