Is this good equipment?

For those USB’n to LapTop

musicansfriend.com C L O S E O U T S A L E, HOT BUYs.

M-Audio
Audiosport Quattro MIDI/USB Interface
4-in/4-out audio interface with midi and USB
LIst $349.95 NOW $149.99

Anyone have any experance with this unit or know of anyone haveing success with one, used with ntrack?

I used this type of USB set up and was very pleased with it. You can record 4 simultanious tracks in and 2 out or visa versa at 24 bit 48000hz. and it has midi in and out. It doesn’t have Mike preamp so you will need a preamp or mixer with preamps works well. When I bought this it came with propellerheads Reason adapted which we’ve enjoyed very much. Also some other software was bundled with it as well. I think it is worth it.
I used it with ntrack 3.3 on my HP pentium III laptop.

Quote (true north @ May 30 2005,20:55)
I used this type of USB set up and was very pleased with it. You can record 4 simultanious tracks in and 2 out or visa versa at 24 bit 48000hz. and it has midi in and out. It doesn’t have Mike preamp so you will need a preamp or mixer with preamps works well. When I bought this it came with propellerheads Reason adapted which we’ve enjoyed very much. Also some other software was bundled with it as well. I think it is worth it.
I used it with ntrack 3.3 on my HP pentium III laptop.

4 @ 48000hz 24bit is better than 2 @ 96000 24bit ? Or as good as?
Especially considering everyone can’t afford excess amouts of disk space?

I recorded at the 48000 because at 96000 you could only use 2 ins or 2 outs on the Quattro and I needed to play back prior tracks to record with, so I had to use the 48000 setting. That’s the way this unit works. I felt that the biggest quality inprovement came from switching from 16 bit to 24 bit sampling. The difference between 48000 and 96000 doesn’t seem so obvious. I use a newer desktop with 200 gig harddrive and maudio 1010lt card now but I keep my Quattro around for use with a laptop.

:D Thanks for the great reply!