Issue with

My Scanner

Hi Gents:

I discovered that I have an issue with my H/P 4470c Scanner with this VISTA Home Premium Operating System…

I’d like to un-install and re-install the software in an effort to try to get it to operate on this Creation Station…
BUT… I don’t know how to uninstall the drivers and software from this machine correctly…

Is there a good way to do this without causing grief-and-heart-ache to this setup, in the process of doing just that ????

Thank you for any help you can offer, guys…

Bill…

Quote:

Is there a good way to do this without causing grief-and-heart-ache to this setup, in the process of doing just that ????

Unless there's some way to scan instruments into your software, my advice would be to keep the creation station a recording computer only and not get into scanning on that system. Lean and mean, lean and mean.

I hear you Poppa Willis:
I have done away with all them P-111’s and P-4 machines, and… I don’t have any utility machines to play with any more… and… How can I remove it the (H/P 4470c) and the H/P Printer/Scanner USB machine that I have, from this Creation Station Machine, now ????

Bill…

Oh ok - good that you have done away with the old stuff - as cheaps as scanner/printers are you might want to get one of those all in ones.

Vista usually does uninstalls fairly well.

It’s such a down day here Guys…
Another guitar player is on the operating table today… He was shoveling a plow bank this winter and strained some stomach muscles… After he went to the doc to see what it might be he was diagnosed with some form of cancer…

The music community is coming together and holding their breath today to hear of the results of the surgery…

Here I am worring why I am unabe to get a scanner to work…

He is an n-Track user… however, he doesn’t spend any time up here on the Board.

I’ll remember him in prayer Bill.

Hi everyone,
Got a call from Hank Hilchey, he heard from Doug Bell that Art had his exploratory surgery today, they found cancer in the stomach, also in the bowel, so the prognosis is not good at all. Don’t know at this time if he’ll stay in hospital or be sent home, he’s in quite a lot of pain around the stomach area. Will pass on any news as I get it; I saw him last Wednesday, he’s lost around 30 lbs and looking frail, although his spirits seemed to be pretty good all things considered.
Will try and keep you posted, pass this on to anyone I’ve forgotten or don’t have their email address.
Keith

Read Nancy Lowe’s message below—hoping Art feels well enough to attend–pass the word to anyone I’ve missed please. Art has a lot of friends, in and out of the music circle, hockey, the boxing fans etc. Does anyone have a contact number for Max Edwards and Dave Isner? If so, give them a call.
Keith

Hi Keith,
was just talking with Shirley Reid and had her call Art
re having a musical night with Art at Our Friends Pub this Wednesday,
Art is very much up
for this so could you use your email bank and let musicians know to come in Wed, bring good memories and thoughts and stories,
anyone can get up and
play with us,
can bring a guitar,
whatever.
I will let the pub know to expect a crowd.
Not sure if you are at 9 mile river tonight, but if you are you could let
any musicians you see there know.

Just want it to be a fun night for Art.

thanks

Nancy

The Music Community is coming together once again…

It’s tough to see guys you’ve known all your life assemble for this kind of gathering…

We’re all the same age so-it-seems…
with-in a few years…

There’s some sixty to seventy names on the mail header…

There’s quite a number of us still hanging around…

Hi Again:

The photos and files are coming in…
It’s been at least 15 years sense I’ve seen the inside of a Pub/Bar Room… Last
Wednesday evening was an Old Fart’s Gathering…
to pay respect to one of our guitar players who’s health has fallen upon tough times…
The pub was standing room only with the average age of 60-65 years…

I was gone by 10pm.
I get up early in the morning…

There were some new/younger generation guys there, however, the majority of the guys were not interested in knowing who they are…
That’s too bad, as, these are the guys that will fill their shoes as the Old Farts pass-on…

I wanted to bring my camera but then decided that leaving it in the car while I had a doctor’s appointment would not be a wise idea…
I should have taken it and taken it with me to the doc’s office… He’s looking at my health using a magnifying glass… I’d like to continue working for at least another year…

Anyway, the photos and videos are beginning to come in…

I wonder who that guy is with his hand in his pocket ????
He must have a dollar-and-a-quarter in change in there…

Bill…

I’d like to have an OCR converter application…
I have his obituary scanned to a photo/scan file…

Art MacAulay gone at age 64 June 12th 2009

Bill.

Back Again:

I found an OCR application…
I feel as though I have to post this over here to pay tribute to our lost Friend and Great Guitar Player…

MacAULAY, Daniel Arthur “Art” — 64.
It is with the deepest regret that we announce the passing of Art MacAulay, on Friday, June 12, 2009, at his home in Dartmouth. Born in Glace Bay, Cape Breton, he was a son of Gordon and Anastasia (Layes) MacAulay. At the age of 17, he joined the Air Force as a Firefighter and later remustered to the Dental Corps. He was stationed in Winnipeg, Germany and eventually, Dartmouth. His interest in dentistry lead him on a path of continuing his education. He eventually became a teacher and mentor, teaching denture technology at the NSCC for 27 years. He loved his work, students and, fellow teachers. At the age of 10, Art traded some comic books for a broken . down guitar. His mother recognized his potential and started him on a musical journey that continued through-out his life. He played with countless musicians during his career. He played old-time rock and roll with the Hawkes when he was a teenager, then country music with Doug Bell & the Gold Strikers, and many other bands. Art later went solo, playing easy liste6ning guitar instrumentals. He is wel]-known for “The Gentle Guitar Stylings of Art MacAulay” CDs, which received regular airplay on 105.9 Seaside FM. His fourth instrumental CD will be released soon. Along with his work and his music, Art enjoyed many sports, but especially loved to play hockey. He would tell anyone that he wasn't very good at it but no one enjoyed it more than he did. He especially enjoyed the comaraderie of all his hockey buddies. No matter what Art was doing, he always brought his great sense of humour, leaving us in stitches laughing at his stories. A truly great guy, Art is survived by his sons, Edward and Adam; his sister, Helen Harvie (Joe) and nephews, Michael and David. A service in Art's honour will be held in Atlantic Funeral Home, 771 Main St., Dartmouth, Monday, June 15 at 2 p.m. Private family interment. Reception to follow service. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Canadian Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program.

I know I’ve got some audio tracks from one of his later CD Projects in-and-around my Hard Drives… It might be nice to post one of his tracks…

Thank you Art for your great Guitar Playing in our small musical community…

Bill…

:agree: