It's A Swizz

uh oh… she’s been biten.

Cheers.
Ange, everything you need is on nTrack, if like me you can’t afford real drums etc.

Drums, bass, synth, effects it’s all there. All you need is that voice of yours, your guitar and a tune or two…

hhmmm won’t let me edit the last post…
I was going to add they aren’t the best samples in the world though…but well worth the price of N and they do sound reasonable in a mix.

At first I didn’t care for the “techno pop” keyboard part at all - I just listened to it twice on my big speakers. It’s freakin’ genius. You have got to start ‘pitching’ yourself Craig. One thing I learned in the music business. You can have all the music there is, but without the business half - you’re just like all the others who never get heard.
I will presume you know little or nothing about the music business so here goes. What you have has value. Real value. There are people in the business right now looking for music. You have the music. The money is in publishing. You leverage is in publishing. Sign all your written copies with Copyright 2008 Craig Veitch from here on out - you own the copyright.

Now - listen. (or read intently)

There are a couple of ways to approach the next step. Contact reputable pubishers. Let them know you will sign a song with them for ONE YEAR only. If they get it recorded and released on a ‘major’ label then and only then will they have the exclusive publishing rights if they don’t it reverts back to you. (by the way are you signed with BMI or ASCAP? If not do so ASAP. BMI.com. I’m a BMI writer.)

Another route the one I’d like to see you take is to contact a major label yourself - make contact somehow. Let them know the publishing is ‘open’ on all your songs. They know the value of copyrights and presume you don’t. The money is in copyrights.

I could go on and on with advice - mainly because I see your potential and know the value of a song. I still get checks from songs that were out 20 years ago.

If you need any help - ask!

Please Craig - do something with your talent. For the children, and global warming - the whales?

Just promise me you’ll give it a shot. I don’t want to have to come over there and slap you around.

Quote:

Please Craig - do something with your talent. For the children, and global warming - the whales?

Why not the Queen?

That was an excellent production!
:agree:

The Queen! :laugh:

Cheers SOE

Tommy. You’re right I know absolutely nothing about the music biz.

Main thing is though…I don’t see the tunes as all that good. Any of them. They’re not as clever as I want them, they’re not as complicated as I want them, the arrangements aren’t how I want them…but they are what comes out of me…like them or not, I just love writing them…even though I’m sometimes embarrassed by them. That’s why I came on to an anonymous forum to ask strangers what they thought.

My ears pricked up however when you mentioned ‘business’…and on that basis I’d probably have a gamble…

I’m emailing you.

poppa…

Quote:

Just promise me you’ll give it a shot. I don’t want to have to come over there and slap you around.

well said :)

I’m not any kinda musical genius and I have as much faith in my music as the next musician, I’ve not heard all your work but I’ve heard enough, what (good) music does to me is something I’ve never been able to put into words properly, but it’s like this…

I STOP! It just makes me stop,the world stops, time stops!
I have to hear it, absorb it, understand and feel it…that’s what good music does to me :) that’s what your song did to me …so I conclude,

stop talking tosh! :p

ange x

Thanks again Ange…we are just hitting on this on your other post 'Amateur Goalposts’

Must be those little insecurities we all have…nothing’s quite right…the song isn’t very good…the lyric doesn’t flow…tweak tweak…etc.etc.

I’ve realised that everyone must get those!

Good God, if there is something more annoying than a massively talented person who knows that he or she is talented, it’s one who doesn’t.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible, Craig! Go make some money and tell them you did it with n-Track! :agree:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tom!!

Got nothing to lose I suppose!

Nothing publishers like more than writers who do their own demos.

craigmeister-
if you want to make money selling/publishing the songs themselves, then you don’t have to worry about the arrangement so much and “adding all the clever bits,” as freddy mercury would say. That’s for the performing artists that purchase the rights and record your material. Let them worry about that. That’s what they have the recording contract for. You just pump out lyrics and a lead sheet, a demo for the basic idea, then strip down to the speedo’s to roll in the waves of cash!

This forum is friggin’ ace.

Been talking like a wimp…then I read my signature again…

Duh.