it's official

we have a winner

Hey go to this page a give Craig a ‘bump’ with your comments!
http://board.soundclick.com/viewtopic.php?t=291312

Aaaw shucks :;):

Seriously tho Nix, that was a very nice review you gave me there. Many many thanks for that…and for everyones votes!

Craig

Nice goin Craig but seriously it comes natural to you dude. Listening for more cool songs from you!
Nix, you do have a very good silver tung good buddy! :agree:

Thanks Levi! Hey I got your note about Pat Travers on myspace, coooool!
My first grade teacher asked us what we were going to be when we grew up. All the other kids said really typical things, nurse, fireman, and I said, “President of the United States!” and she told me, “no, I think you are going to be a writer.” I was puzzled. We were both wrong, now I’m a teacher. :p

:agree: Oh your a teacher?
That's intresting!
No wonder your like you are :laugh: I mean in a great way of course.
Teachers always find some good in eveyone!
Oh yea and I forgot to mention your other obvious talents; awesome playing and writing too!
It amazes me how you get it all done, you always do a great job Nix!
I'm definitely a Nix fan, not a fan of nixon but of Kevin the nix!

You know I like spreaders name, definitely unique.
But I was wondering how it would go over in HolliWood?
SpreaderCraig? Hmmmm? so I thought how about/
"Ching Crosby" or
"Cha Ching Crosby"?
"Poppa Crosby? Naaa, I don't know.
Spreader Craig hmmmm?
???

Yup, Nix is definitely a talented guy. I’m a fan…more tunes please!

Ha ha Spreadercraig…ain’t exactly snazzy…some people do get the wrong end of the stick too… :;):

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jan. 04 2009, 4:45 AM)

Ha ha Spreadercraig....ain't exactly snazzy...some people do get the wrong end of the stick too... :;):

Hi Craig,
Hey "Ching Crosby" has a ring to it don't ya think? :agree:

hhhmm is this a good review or a crap one?

http://board.soundclick.com/viewtopic.php?t=291919

hey ho…what’s for supper? :laugh:

Quote:

hhhmm is this a good review or a crap one?

" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://board.soundclick.com/viewtopic.php?t=291919[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the reviewer was more impressed with the song and your performance, than with the recording of it. It is a bit of a downer that he'd basically advise against buying it.

Sounds solid enough to me Craig. Selling on the net seems to be held to a higher standard by the guy - which is a common perception.

Craig,

If I’d read that review I would be interested enough to listen and decide if I wanted to buy! I think it’s pretty balanced, lots of positive points.
:agree:

I just got this comment about what I thought was my best song.

" Like many others of yours, I really dig this tune … the only thing I would recommend is laying off the compression/limiters - it kind of kills the dynamics of the tune"

Kinda the same, likes the song but not the mix! Songs here Out Of Reach

Great piece of work Bruffie - sounds like a rip from an Ian “Bruffie” Brough CD to me.

This song needs it’s own thread!

Poppa… I was just illustrating to Craig that peoples opinion of the mix can be subjective. I think the guy commenting on Craigs song genuinely liked the “song” and that really is the main thing.

Craig… Your stuff is top drawer mate!

Yeah…I guess I was a little annoyed that he focused on something nothing to do with the music (the fact that I thought…'listen to the tune a million times if you want…but if you want to download it do you mind passing me a few cents for my efforts?)

It seemed to pee him off from the start.

Oooh my fragile ego!!

ne’er mind. Any publicity is good publicity I guess.

Bruffmeister nice to see you posting tunes again!
Pop that on another thread. Have we heard it before? It sounds familiar.

Nice piece of writing and recording mate. Excellent in fact. Well done!
What are you using for the drums?

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jan. 09 2009, 4:48 PM)

Yeah...I guess I was a little annoyed that he focused on something nothing to do with the music (the fact that I thought...'listen to the tune a million times if you want...but if you want to download it do you mind passing me a few cents for my efforts?)

It seemed to pee him off from the start.

Oooh my fragile ego!!

ne'er mind.

Bruffmeister nice to see you posting tunes again!
Pop that on another thread. Have we heard it before? It sounds familiar.

Nice piece of writing and recording mate. Excellent in fact. Well done!
What are you using for the drums?

I think I posted it before. When I listen now I think..." Is the guy right? Does the mix kill the song?" But honestly mate...it's the writng that's important. We aren't guys with million dollar studios here :)

Make music for yourself, and someone out there will like it. Lots won’t. :)

Uhum - Garden Party - Ricky Nelson.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 09 2009, 7:05 PM)

Uhum - Garden Party - Ricky Nelson.

Yes!

http://board.soundclick.com/viewtopic.php?t=291969

This is Larry Ludwick’s review, pretty solidly complimentary, he reveals that he chose Craig as a finalist!

Now to go check out Bruffie’s, be right back.