iZotope Nectar

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 22 2010, 10:53 AM)

Yup. Nukes and chemical weapons rock. I wish I had some. Starving children would be so much better off if they just had mustard gas and plugins. Your argument is what is called a non sequitur.

As stated it's not the technology that I have a problem with it's the mentality around who deserves it and who doesn't (in this case capitalist) that I don't share....
Sure any technology in the wrong hands can be used for bad, but that doesn't change the good things it can be used for...

We could argue this for weeks months or even years Bubba and I ain't never gonna become a capitalist or change my view about how technology should be shared, and I doubt any of you in any amount of time would change yours.....so it's pointless to even try.

Quote:

It is ignorant to disregard all intellectual property rights.

Is that what you beleive I am doing by bringing attention to all the third world hospital patients that lack the use of the basic medical advancements the rest of the world has because of these "rights"....I wouldn't think that is ignoring but rather bringing attention to it and the mentality behind it....

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Again, your stealing plugins is not a free pass. Certainly, you could do good with it (though questionable). But I could also do good with a pickup truck at the local Ford dealership. However, I don’t steal it. There is this hastily cobbled together list of these 10 rules that I figured you bought into based on your signature. Guess not. Not stealing is one of them.

I would totally leave you alone if you said, yeah, I am stealing, and I don’t care. But you want to invent justifications based on totally unrelated arguments and events.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:04 AM)

Again, your stealing plugins is not a free pass. Certainly, you could do good with it (though questionable). But I could also do good with a pickup truck at the local Ford dealership. However, I don't steal it.

The technology behind a Ford truck is not being withheld from the rest of the world, any person or culture wanting to benefit from it can get the manual and schematics and build their own or one like it with the materials if they wanted to....

keep shinin

Then go code the plugin yourself. A good grasp of C code, a degree in DSP and electrical engineering, and an oscilloscope should get you started. Otherwise you are a thief.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:04 AM)

There is this hastily cobbled together list of these 10 rules that I figured you bought into based on your signature. Guess not. Not stealing is one of them.

I would totally leave you alone if you said, yeah, I am stealing, and I don't care. But you want to invent justifications based on totally unrelated arguments and events.

The communities those rules were made for were communal, meaning they shared what they had with one another (we are talking physical monetary possessions)....and ideas or technology shared as well and used for the betterment of everyone in the community not one person or groups personal gain, so the poor get forbidden to go to the well and use the wench...

I know today's society and mentality is much different....and I don't expect any of the people in it to live up to that standard...or understand mine.

keep shinin

So how does this make it ok for you to steal plugins? You know, products someone made that you did not pay for? The plugin is a product someone made just like a pot holder or Ford truck; not the concept of relativity or internal combustion. Can you not see how that is different?

In any event, so you reject the 10 Commandments. Excellent. Hey guys! Jerm said those rules don’t apply as our society is not built as bronze age Hebrew society was. Murder away! It is a good thing you aren’t married (at lease I don’t think so) or I would covet the hell out of your wife.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:13 AM)

Then go code the plugin yourself. A good grasp of C code, a degree in DSP and electrical engineering, and an oscilloscope should get you started. Otherwise you are a thief.

Sticks and stones Bubba...

This is the mentality that keeps those children without the technology to help them....ah just go and build your own respirator kids...
:whistle:

People and what can help them?....
eh who cares about them, we got our $$$ and patents...that's all that matters....

keep shinin

Pathetic…

UJ

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:23 AM)

This is the mentality that keeps those children without the technology to help them....ah just go and build your own respirator kids...

So it is ok to let the man who makes the respirator starve?

Again, this does not equate. A plug in is a LUXURY. To try to equate a plug in to basic needs to maintain human dignity is simply ignorant and wrong. YOU ARE STEALING IT.

Let's forget the metaphor for a second. Let's go this way. How is you not paying for a plugin a moral and just thing to do?
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:20 AM)

So how does this make it ok for you to steal plugins? You know, products someone made that you did not pay for? The plugin is a product someone made just like a pot holder or Ford truck; not the concept of relativity or internal combustion. Can you not see how that is different?

In any event, so you reject the 10 Commandments. Excellent. Hey guys! Jerm said those rules don't apply as our society is not built as bronze age Hebrew society was. Murder away! It is a good thing you aren't married (at lease I don't think so) or I would covet the hell out of your wife.

Who says I have stole any pluggins?

Actually in some ways I wish this was the ancient Hebrew society those laws were made for...
because this wouldn't even be an issue, we all would work together and share whatever we have so that each has every possible advantage they can for a better life.

But since it's not we have this capitalistic ideology concerning technology to deal with...which as I have said is not going to change for either side no matter how long we discuss it.

keep shinin

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:29 AM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:23 AM)

So it is ok to let the man who makes the respirator starve?

Again, this does not equate. A plug in is a LUXURY. To try to equate a plug in to basic needs to maintain human dignity is simply ignorant and wrong. YOU ARE STEALING IT.

Let's forget the metaphor for a second. Let's go this way. How is you not paying for a plugin a moral and just thing to do?

The irony of that I guess would be that the some of products are made in these third world countries....
so it is the father or mother or sister of the children that needs them that are MAKING them for pennies on the dollar....

keep shinin

You are justifying it, That’s what this whole thing is about. You have equated getting a plugin on a torrent to some Robin Hood concept of feeding the poor and sick or at the very least to how in your head it should be OK because you live in a mental kibbutz.

Keep dancin’…

UJ

Wow, you really are not able to think in any sort of logical or linear fashion. Incredible.

Jerm. A few years ago, I had an ‘idea’ for a bar-room style balloon backed chair, made from copper pipe. (I didn’t invent or make the copper pipe) The chair is now a reality. Are you saying that you view software as ethereal thought.

As I said your not going to change your mentality concerning technology and mine is not either…

So you can just go your way with your concern of patents and money and I will go mine with how I feel about the purpose of technology being to enrich peoples lives (everyone’s lives not just the elite few)…

I’m fine with mine, and I’m sure your fine with yours…so c’est la vie. :)

keep shinin

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:34 AM)

Keep dancin'...

UJ

REPEAT
Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 22 2010, 11:37 AM)

Jerm. A few years ago, I had an 'idea' for a bar-room style balloon backed chair, made from copper pipe. (I didn't invent or make the copper pipe) The chair is now a reality. Are you saying that you view software as ethereal thought.

IT could be,

if you look at how the radio came about to be...you had three different people all "inventing" (although I use the term discovering) it at near the same time in different parts of the world.

Do I think any of those people should have had the power to withhold the technology for that advancement to the rest of the world due to $$$, no.
Look at all the lives that are saved by short wave radios (police cars, ambulances use) how it is used for evacuation alerts etc etc.....

Do I agree with the ideology that only the rich should have had access to the technology because of a patent, no.

keep shinin

Could you feed and house yourself? Which grasses have seeds that are good for milling, find clean water, hunt (if omnivorous) etc… does the fact that I can do these things make me in some way responsible for every starving person?

Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 22 2010, 12:19 PM)

Could you feed and house yourself? Which grasses have seeds that are good for milling, find clean water, hunt (if omnivorous) etc... does the fact that I can do these things make me in some way responsible for every starving person?

maybe not responsible for them, but if you had that information in a medium (or even just in your mind) and refused to share it with people whom couldn't pay a certain price you set for it than you and you alone would have to live with the results of that decision.(whomever would be poor and die as a result)

Capitalist have no problem with that, in fact it doesn't even cross their minds all that is important is $$$ and how much they can make and peoples intellectual property "rights" heaven forbid they should ever be trampled..... :whistle:

keep shinin