Jam 2

Here it is.

Jam 2 - “Taxman Blues”

those guitar solos are just HOT. i love hearing everyone’s different styles and tones back to back to back. awesome.

Wow guys that turned out well. I can idenitify Bruffie’s voice - no mistaking that! - but who else did what else?

I ponied up drums, guitar/sax lead and harmonica. Post what you did guys, I’m not alltogether sure who did what else where.

I got a rhythm guitar going on in the right speaker, with Yaz’s rhythm on the left. The first lead break is mine, followed by Pingcat absolutely murdering one. :)
That must be Levi’s tasty slide work at the end :O , and of course Jdet came up with a cool bass line. Someone else will have to supply any further info.

Nice one, some real production magic from Yaz, the sound is super, specially coming from an mp3. Real nice work Bruffie and Poppa! Great solo guitars, sweet bass track,Loved it!

Okay… Great job fellas! Great performances! :agree:

Yazzer? Can you make the drums a little more “present”? I don’t know what Poppa gave you for drum tracks… If it’s a two track, duplicate it and treat the two a little differently with multi-band compression. Make the snare “pop” and the kick “whomp”. Just a tad on the kick. If you have multi-track drums, it’ll be even easier.

Just a small nit-pick… You guys are a truly talented bunch. That is for sure! :agree:

D

The drums kind of get lost in the SoundClick mp3

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 27 2009, 10:15 PM)

The drums kind of get lost in the SoundClick mp3

Yea I always like the drums a little more upfront.
Especially with a kickin blues tune.
And then also when they are punky drums = up front.
Pops, that's some sweet harp sounds, the riffs are richeous, soalful!
Do you play harp or was that midi?

Nice work kevin!
Nice playin!
:agree: Thx D, appreciate that!

Yep only a 2 track on the drums this time, had individual files on the last jam and could work with em more. Drums sound a little better with wave file.

Well everyone contributing on this did a great job!

And I was gonna offer a "Guess who did what contest, with a free trip to your own backyard for the winner, but . . . . .

I threw in 2 rhythm guitars panned left, piano and the 4th lead solo. This was a hoot!

Quote:

sweet harp sounds, the riffs are richeous, soalful! Do you play harp or was that midi?

Harmonica is a RealBand track Levi.
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 28 2009, 8:15 AM)

Quote:

sweet harp sounds, the riffs are richeous, soalful!
Do you play harp or was that midi?

Harmonica is a RealBand track Levi.

Sax is RealBand too? Bring it up a tad too. It's kinda hiding in there. The swap off with the guitar is pretty cool but needs balanced out a bit by pushing the sax up a notch IMO.

Okay... another nit-pick. *Sue me! :laugh:

D

PS *Official potential litigation notice: Before taking any legal action against persona "Diogesneez", the following should be taken into advisement;

"Ya' cain't get blood out of a turnip!" :laugh:

The immortal words of Billy Preston;

"Nothing from nothing leaves nothing"

Yea we might wanna toss these up in the forum for suggestions before we final, don’t wanna wear Yaz out though. More ears the better.

Wear out Yaz? No way??? I thought he was like the Energizer Bunny…

D

Yaz, Poppa, JDet, Kevin, Levi, Pingcat…brilliant job guys! Everyone that contributed to that really hit it bang on target.

Awesome blues band :cool:

WOW! this is sooo cool guys, awesome. love the lyrics and the vocals are spot on. guitar sounds sexy, Harmonica is cheeky and bluzey, drums are great and sax is sooo cool! The whole thing fits together really well. :agree:

Nice job ther chaps.

Ange x

Quote: (ange @ Apr. 28 2009, 11:34 AM)

WOW! this is sooo cool guys, awesome. love the lyrics and the vocals are spot on. guitar sounds sexy, Harmonica is cheeky and bluzey, drums are great and sax is sooo
cool! The whole thing fits together really well.
:agree:

Nice job ther chaps.

Ange x

Hi Ange,
Hey I played Stray Cat to a bass player yesterday.
I have to admit, it sounds to cool.
However I got a little embarrassed when the lyrical part that I was wrting for you played
:angry:

How about adding a verse or two when these projects come up?
Please?
Thinking Bruffie does a great job but like the guitars the more the merrier!
I personally would love to hear you stomp and shout out a little in rhyme.
Just a thought.
??? More vocal help could come from Duff and Craig!!!! Slackers :D

And how about TomS, Bubba, Duff and or Phoo offering up some drum tks?
It would be nice to keep the all*stars real.
lol wouldn't it be amazing to get 24 bars of drums to a click track from all those guys like the guitars "chuckles" that would be to cool!
Quote:

It would be nice to keep the all*stars real.

I hope that's not a "knock" on my "real" parts Levi. Me using realband is no dif than you using your digitech, the way I look at it. It still takes talent and skill to make them 'work'. knowhudImean?

Eyup!

Smooth Blues guys!

Wish I could’ve been in on it but I’m bashing my hands with a mallet to try and get my fingers to go where they’re supposed to. Dang arthritis!
Still, if Django could manage with only two good digits, I should be in with a chance!

Well done to the NTrack All Stars :agree:

Steve