Jam 2

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 28 2009, 2:38 PM)

"knock" on my "real" parts Levi. Me using realband is no dif than you using your digitech

No it's not a knock on your producing skills.
But yeah there is a big difference.
Diditech does nothing more than add texture, like reverb.
A combination of choris, echo.
The cops are me playing, not of someone else.
And by no way any auto tuning goin on if that's what your thinking digitech is doing.
Not even close.
So in that sense your real stuff isn't YOU playing.
Who ever blew that harp isn't using nTrack.
How could he be an nTrack all*star?
I think it would be cool to use OUR abilities as musicians and nTrack users.
Your nice guitar stuff is you, like my track that I sent, is me playing.
Just a suggestion.
Only seems right to keep it real with the abundant available talent, sorry.
Quote:

OUR abilities as musicians and nTrack users

That is part of my ability though. To take samples of real instruments and perform them - it's one of my instruments. If I'd have lied and said yes I blew that harp - you'd never have known different.
:laugh:

Poppa’s got a point there Levi! ^^^^ :laugh:

Did the piano suck in that tune, or the Fender Rhodes in the last jam? Cause I don’t own a keyboard of any kind. :laugh:

:laugh: Sorry I wouldn't call that performing.
And he's made no point in relation to performing as a player and that's what this discussion is about.
Players (the musicians) in the nTrack all*star band.
However it would be a performance of a producer, but that's not what this is about.
I could take one of Pops guitar riffs and put it into a song, and no way say I preformed it.
These performances are interesting, however not for me.
Keep up the good work, I'll be listening for your next performancs eather real or far away.
Cheers

:D

So if you had my individual notes and programmed them into your own lick - what would that be? Are you trying to come off as some kind of purist here or something? I make no apologies for what I do.

Heh… people might be AMAZED at how much stuff they hear on radio, TV and movie soundtracks that have ZERO actual musicians playing instruments. It’s some guy with fabulous compositional skills, a great ear and some DAW skills. Serious as a mosquito in your french fries…

Let’s face it… I’m a guitar hack right? I also realize that I can ride down the road and throw a rock in a tree and knock FOUR more “guitar players” out of it. Does that stop me from exploring this wonderful thing called music? Heck no! That’s what day jobs are for! :laugh:
Anyway, if a feller can program up slobber harps, saxophones, banjos, a walrus farting or whatever… AND make it musical, GO FOR IT! It’s STILL A PERFORMANCE!

It ain’t the tools, its the talent.

D

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 28 2009, 6:44 PM)

I make no apologies for what I do.

First off I was pretty sure you didn't play that harp and was afraid it was some prerecorded.
A true harpist would take his turn in solos just like a guitar player would.
But it was possible that you knew a few riffs on the harp.
That's what I was hopin for.

One way you could preform the harp that I would accept would be to record harp like riffs on your guitar.
Convert that part to midi and then have a middi harp inst reproduce.
That would be you preforming eventhough sounding like a harp.
I don't need an apology for anything, I don't care what you do. As long as your enjoying yourself, thats fine.

I honestly don’t give a rat’s ass what you accept or don’t accept Levi. I didn’t realize you were the last word on what’s acceptable. I thought it was tasty and appropriate for the tune. Feel free to do the “true harpist” part on the next jam.

Quote:

However it would be a performance of a producer

How does that differ from the "performance" of a guitar/saxophone/tuba/walrus fart player? It doesn't. It is just a
different skill set.

Again, I reference guitar players because that's my "thing" too. There are literally a quad-zillion FABULOUS guitar players out there. If you think YOU are "good"... one of the best... Pffft! Think again... Don't take that as a diss or an insult. It's just reality bro'. That shouldn't stop any of us from trying to do our best with whatever tools we have available to serve the SONG.

D

PS My humble-pie moment came when a "passer-by" dude picked up a guitar at a rehearsal session at school. He proceeded to smoke the frets off'n the darn thing leaving the rest of us staring slack jawed and amazed. I ran him down later and asked him about it. He was TOTALLY uninterested in music. Didn't give two squirts about it. He was technically and musically more brilliant than anybody I had ever heard... he just didn't give a sh!t... Woods is full of 'em.
Quote:

I make no apologies for what I do.

i make apologies for what you do.

naw, i'm just kidding. i'm just in a sarchastic mood.
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 28 2009, 8:15 PM)

I honestly don't give a rat's ass what you accept or don't accept Levi. I didn't realize you were the last word on what's acceptable. I thought it was tasty and appropriate for the tune. Feel free to do the "true harpist" part on the next jam.

:agree: :agree:

Without samples I wouldn't be able to get any of my songs recorded at all and they would simply stay rattling around in my head (of course that may be the best place for them :) )
Quote: (Levi @ Apr. 28 2009, 12:38 PM)

Bruffie does a great job but like the guitars the more the merrier! Ange,
I personally would love to hear you stomp and shout out a little in rhyme.
Just a thought.
??? More vocal help could come from Duff and Craig!!!! Slackers :D

And how about TomS, Bubba, Duff and or Phoo offering up some drum tks?
It would be nice to keep the all*stars real.

Just a suggestion, look at it anyway you like. I had fun. :peace:

I would like to apologize for Jdet’s “sarcastic” apology of Poppa’s non apology for what he did. (Is that confusing?) :laugh:

I would also like to apologize for the tune being a Soundclick Top 50 tune. :agree:

Oh screw the apologies, this is like being married!

Carry on! :cool:

Quote: (Yaz @ Apr. 29 2009, 4:08 AM)

Oh screw the apologies, this is like being married!

Spreader was right! Y'all are nutz! We sure found out who the two bitchs are in this marriage :laugh:
Quote: (Diogesneez @ Apr. 27 2009, 9:46 PM)

n. Make the snare "pop" and the kick "whomp". Just a tad on the kick. If you have multi-track drums, it'll be even easier.
D

Lets get back to Pop's drums.
This is what D does best; he trys to tell the truth and I respect him for that!
Even though he doesn't know squat about what I think of my own playin :laugh:

Yaz?
Like Magic says; "to get a good bass mix you have to listen to it on many different speaker systems/sound systems, and adjust.
Ok that's the point!
Since you feel you are loosing in the mp3 conversion at soundclick.
You need to consider that when doing your mix.

A simple quick way would be to add auto volume and increase the output level a few clicks on the drum track.
Then drop the master vol a couple clicks and your done.
Upload and listen, upload and listen upload and listen upload and listen.
Up dating a song at soundclick will not affect it's position in the charts directly.
I know you know how, just trying to fired you up, ambitious and on the stick! Or was there something wrong with the D/track?

I seem to have come to the wrong place. This must be a forum for big time producers. Sorry… carry on. :laugh:

Quote: (kevinmyers @ Apr. 29 2009, 5:01 PM)

I seem to have come to the wrong place. This must be a forum for big time producers. Sorry.... carry on. :laugh:

:) Quiet Kevin, listen, you can hear the drums :( :laugh:
Aaa lets call it Hobby Lobby ;)

Bruffie, thoes are cool vocals! Did you do two tracks singing a higher and lower parts in unison?
Regardless, it’s really very good.