Jamsticx setup with NTrack

OK.

Both downloaded and installed.

A tutorial on Ntrack says to put all VST plugins in the VST folder (or specify path) I searched, found the Jamstix DLL and put it there.

Then it says to go to "Track / MIDI / New instrument channel pop-up menu"

But there isn’t any.

It also says to press the DSP button. Nothing happens.

What step did I miss?

Thanks!

Maybe This Tutorial I put together might help.

Page 2 covers adding Jamstix to your song in n-Track…

Not sure what you need to press the DSP button for…

Anyway hope the tutorial helps you out.
If not let us know

Rich

Quote (db9091 @ Jan. 09 2006,18:36)
A tutorial on Ntrack says to put all VST plugins in the VST folder (or specify path) I searched, found the Jamstix DLL and put it there.

Then it says to go to "Track / MIDI / New instrument channel pop-up menu"

But there isn't any.

It also says to press the DSP button. Nothing happens.

What step did I miss?

Thanks!

Same here! Under Track / MIDI / there is no New instrument channel option. Has it been moved? I verified that jamstix is listed in the effects settings as a vsti. Running n_track 4.1.5 Build 2042.

Hey Rich, The tut looks great if only I could figure out how to startup jamstix.

Any Ideas?

TIA, Jeff

Look under the heading ADD CHANNEL.

I think that’s what you’re looking for.

KingFish

Quote (KingFish @ Jan. 28 2006,17:25)
Look under the heading ADD CHANNEL.

I think that's what you're looking for.

KingFish

Thanks, KingFish!! That did it.

Jeff

I would be curious how easy jamstix runs with n track. Is it a intuitive program ? I had a cheap version of reason that was a little diificult to set up drum tracks. Of course ,that is taking
my ineptness into account. I am running 4.04 trouble free now and dont want to start any problems.
I corrupted my reason program by shutting down n track first and not the reason even though I was warned. Is this something that can happen with any plugin? Good luck db9091.

Jamstix is fine for me with build 1846 of n-Track.

JS is a VSTi.
Reason is (I believe) a rewire device. So it is actually a separate stand alone applicatoin that is run separately from n-Track.

JS, being a VSTi is run by n-Track so you can’t close it down separately anyway (except by removing it from the song altogether).

Hope that makes sense…

Rich

For 291dw: IMHO Jamstix is a very good program. It is one of a kind, not like anything else. It does exactly what it says on the tin; it will jam with you, following the dynamics of your playing (e.g. your rhythm guitar, bass or midi instrument). It varies what it does almost like a human drummer, inserting flourishes and fills, changing velocity and complexity. If you like what it did you can “freeze” the brain so it repeats exactly each time the song is played. If you want to “tweak” it, you can arrange where it plays intro, fills and endings, and you can control the complexity and the manner in which it “jams”. You can also programme up to 16 of your own patterns and arrange them into a song, and Jamstix will dynamically vary how it plays your patterns. It can only follow the timing of the host (n-Track), so time signature, bpm and any variations must be first set up in n-T. It works really well with rock and heavier styles, and is getting better at jazzier and more relaxed styles. The sounds are very very good, and can be adjusted. It will send midi to another sample player if you already have some favourite sounds. It can also work as a “dumb” sample player, playing only it’s proprietory sounds form an existing midi track or live midi input.

It all works, but as a non-drummer and not-very-expeienced drum programmer, I found there is a steep learning curve. Not everything is intuitive, sometimes you need to hunt around. But the support is truly first class, and the Rayzoon forum is really helpfull. It is undoubtedly excellent value for money.

Hope that helps!
Cheers
TB

To Tusterbuster,
Thanks, That answered my question thoroughly.Sounds like a very cool program.Nowadays every software program has a learning curve( N track is one) so it comes down to wanting to spend the bucks