Jamstix and n-Track guide

well 1st draft anyway…

I told a few people on this forum and the Jamstix one a while back that I’d put a Jamstix and n_track guide together.
OK took me a bit longer to get some time but spent today avoiding the Christmas eve crush and put this Word doc together…

It probably needs to be formatted a bit better and it’s almost 2am here now so I need to go to sleep but thought I’d put a link up so people can review and provide some feedback.

I should have some time over the next week or so to make some more changes etc.

Let me know if there’s anything I missed or got wrong…

Once it seems complete if someone can convert to the wiki feel free to.

Note that this is not a “How to use Jamstix” guide, but more how to use it with n-Track - get it going, do some basic stuff and then mixdown.

Rich

Rich,
Thanks.

I have had JS for a while and have only had time to use it as an easily programmable drum machine for a few live projects.

The guide looks good and I will try it out soon and let you know then.

dave

Excellent, thanks Rich.

Richlum, this is awesome. Thanks for pulling this together. I wish I had this a month ago :laugh: but I think I can still learn some more from it now.

Well have had not any feedback… so either it was totally awesome and faultlessly perfect and needs no work whatsever to improve it, or maybe not many people got a chance to look at it considering I posted it on Christmas eve/day.

So bumping it to the top to give it a second wind… now that people are back at work etc. and might more free time on their hands :)

Hey RichLum,

Don’t despair! I think you hit the head on the nail with the Christmas thingy… I’m just starting to think about getting back into it after the break and family and all that. I for one have been wanting to get into Jamstix with n and still haven’t got around to it and I’m sure glad for the help.

I’ve only had a quick squiz, but it looks like you’ve done most of the hard work for us… so thanks!

I’ll try to give you some specific feedback in the near future…

Pete

Wow, impressive work, RichLum! Really appreciate your effort :D !!

Eyup!

Hey Rich, I fully intend to get my head around jamstix and will be using your tutorial.
Christmas festivities and work have been getting in the way but I will be back to tracking soon.
I’ll let you know how I get on.

Steve

I’ve had a read, seems to cover all the bases.

Now if I can just get around to writing something and trying it out.