Jellyfish Pick??

Any of you guys use these picks? I just got one, cost me 16 bucks and I can get the same sound scraping the embossed lettering of a fine nylon Jim Dunlop pick on the strings for 5 cents. Am I doing soemthing wrong?

I never tried one myself Stu. It just looked kinda “gimmicky” to me. A gadget I DO want to try is an E-bow. My sons guitar teacher can play some serious stuff with one of those things. It sounds awesome.

D

finger pick them tele’s bro!

16 bucks should get you the two releases from the band Jellyfish (Bellybutton and Spilt Milk). Much more fun than any pick :)

Quote (StuH @ June 23 2006,08:53)
Any of you guys use these picks? I just got one, cost me 16 bucks and I can get the same sound scraping the embossed lettering of a fine nylon Jim Dunlop pick on the strings for 5 cents. Am I doing soemthing wrong?

Hey StuH…as long as I’m on a roll…

It’s Jellifish… Jellifish.com

I like the soemthing spelling too! :p

(Actually, In all fairness…I do this alot too! My last browser had a spell checker but I moved over to Opera and haven’t found one for it yet. :( It would be nice if that feature was automatic and included. I’ve taken my share of flac for misspelling over the years too!)

KingFish
Quote (Diogenes @ June 23 2006,09:52)
I never tried one myself Stu. It just looked kinda "gimmicky" to me. A gadget I DO want to try is an E-bow. My sons guitar teacher can play some serious stuff with one of those things. It sounds awesome.

D

I have an E-Bow Plus.

What am I bid?

Trade?

It's mint.

KingFish
Quote (Diogenes @ June 23 2006,22:52)
A gadget I DO want to try is an E-bow. My sons guitar teacher can play some serious stuff with one of those things. It sounds awesome.

Unless you put in a lot of hours into mastering the dang thing, it won't.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Unless you put in a lot of hours into mastering the dang thing, it won’t.

It’s like anything you want to do well. Yes, you have to practice with it. It’s pretty strange at first. But, most of us don’t start out really great using the plain old pick.

It took me a while to learn fingerpicking…even though I’d been using those fingers since birth!

I really don’t know what to do with it. I mean…it doesn’t lend itself to the collab songs I get to work on. I eventually stopped using it. I see some guys use it in songs (Eddie Van Halen comes to mind) but I’m not doing that kind of music.

I listened to the sound clips of the pick StuH just bought and I don’t know what I’d do with that either. Couldn’t ya get the same sounds out of a quarter? I primarily use my fingers only or fingers and a pick combined.

KF

E-bows are awesome. I have had one for years. I have never found it hard to use. Perhaps I have low expectations? It’s not something you use on every song, but cool for building big chordal things using it on several tracks, inter alia.

What’s up with the spelling comments? ???

It’s flak or flack, but not flac.

Quote (ksdb @ June 26 2006,03:37)
It's flak or flack, but not flac.

Awe.....And I thought you climbed back into your hole after you found out that I really am a horseman and your hero is a 2 bit fraud.

You didn't even acknowledge it. You just cut and ran.

I've got a spell checker now so I won't wear you out.

KF
Quote (KingFish @ June 26 2006,17:12)
Quote (ksdb @ June 26 2006,03:37)
It's flak or flack, but not flac.

Awe.....And I thought you climbed back into your hole after you found out that I really am a horseman and your hero is a 2 bit fraud.

You didn't even acknowledge it. You just cut and ran.

I've got a spell checker now so I won't wear you out.

KF

Acknowledge what, that you spend too much time on the wrong end of your horse?? If you insist, how can I disagree??

You’re really a piece of work…