Jeremy is gone?

What did I miss?

I guess the topic title says it all - I just read a post that mentioned that Jerm was gone - I glanced around but couldn’t find any good-bye posts or anything.

What happened?

(I know I’m not really active on this board much anymore but I do like to keep track of things - pun intended.)

Quote: (BillClarke @ Jan. 03 2011, 2:54 PM)

I guess the topic title says it all - I just read a post that mentioned that Jerm was gone - I glanced around but couldn't find any good-bye posts or anything.

What happened?

(I know I'm not really active on this board much anymore but I do like to keep track of things - pun intended.)

There's a long thread around somewhere. Only a few weeks ago.

We were talking about software and Jerm proposed a new "philosophy" whereby it was OK to download software from torrent sites because it was inappropriate for clever people to keep their innovations to themselves and hence hinder the promotion of mankind as a whole. Or something like that.

Needless to say it turned into a (fairly good natured by internet standards) locker fight and he left.

Did I get that right folks?

Well stated Mark.

UJ

Good enough summary for me…and not even close to a good reason to leave, by Mac standards. Jerm, I hope, knows we were giving him poop because we can and not because we wanted him gone.

i left in the middle of that row because it had made me realise i had little in common with most here so you can imagine what jerm must have felt with a whole gang of old guys beating him up because he had a younger view on things
i have to say i like all the old guys in question but i thouht it was a bit rich that they were all ex users & yet jerm had to leave his own forum
by the time he left it was men at there worst it had got petty & nasty & had gone on so long no one was going to back down

This Internet is the worst place to make a statement and take a stand on your comments…
After you pound it out (whatever you say) on your keyboard and post/publish it, it goes on forever…
Doing that, makes it so easy to offend someone…

I am unable to find the “Retract Key” on these keyboards…
???

Bill…

Well sh!t - I am sorry to hear that.

Jerm - if you’re lurking - nothing said on an internet forum should ever be taken seriously. Live and let live.