Jet City amps

the question is: do you like it? I sort of get the impression that you are not blown away…

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 03 2011, 9:12 AM)

the question is: do you like it?
I sort of get the impression that you are not blown away...

Good question Tom.

Amps don't generally blow me away as such. I think I sound like me regardless of what amp I play though (which is a good thing).

Am I happy with the deal? Yes very much so.

Do I like the amp? Yes, very much so.

Would I pay $1400NZ (1000USD) for this amp? No.

I kinda don't buy into the whole hand-wired/boutique/soviet-tube/modded amp thing. Run what you got. Make it sound like you. Don't rely on the amp to make you sound good. Make it sound good.

Mark. Amp Sceptic
Quote: (Mark A @ Feb. 02 2011, 4:54 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 03 2011, 9:12 AM)

the question is: do you like it?
I sort of get the impression that you are not blown away...

Good question Tom.

Amps don't generally blow me away as such.
I think I sound like me regardless of what amp I play though (which is a good thing).

Am I happy with the deal?
Yes very much so.

Do I like the amp?
Yes, very much so.

Would I pay $1400NZ
(1000USD) for this amp?
No.

I kinda don't buy into the whole hand-wired/boutique/soviet-tube/modded amp thing.
Run what you got. Make it sound like you.
Don't rely on the amp to make you sound good.
Make it sound good.

Mark. Amp Sceptic

Back Again:
Your attitude toward your amp-and-guitar setup-and-sound is similar to Ann Murray's guitar player, Georges Hebert.. It don't matter what guitar or amp setup he uses, he manages to project an identical sound, per-sae, no matter what guitar-or-amp combination, he uses.. However, he's always on the quest for that new/magic voice..

Bill..

I dunno, I’ve heard two or three amps that absolutely blew me away. Nothing I could ever afford, really.

IMO…

Through a really GOOD amp, you’ll still sound like you, only better and EASIER. The few times I get to play through a real amp during the year, I’m like “AHhhhhh… what a joy!” I use my POD XT Live fronting a Crate Powerblock into a Carvin 2x12 with Celestion G-12T’s. Set the Powerblock for a touch of grit on the clean patches, find the sweet spot(s) to stand in and the guitar almost plays itself… musical feedback at will, great control with just the knobs on the guitar… Really nice for a SS setup. I’d probably have an orgasm if I played through a nice, low-watt boutique toober amp… sigh

UJ