Jezar/Dreampoint

Must read material…

Those who have been around here for sometime may remember a guy called Jezar who used to hang out with us. He is a pro recording guy, the author of Freeverb, and produced an excellent article called “How to mix a pop song from scratch”.

Well it seems that after a long absence from the web, Jezear is back with a new website, and a version 2 of the “How to…” document. (A Must Read!)

Check it out here:

Dreampoint

Jezar… if you’re still reading here. Thanks for the article and plugin. Glad you’re back on the web.

Mark

WooHoo!! His site was down (had a simple I’m off tending the sheep kind of page) for a really long time. I’m glad he’s finally getting it back up again.

(…whoops…I mentioned sheep and getting it up in the same paragraph…better stop before someone reads it the wrong way…)

:)

Hi Mark and phoo:
Thanks for the new link to the DreamPoint Page… I remember him well… He was quite the guy…

Bill…

Thanks Mark! It really was down for a long, long time… :)

At long last, some good news for a change!

Jezar was sorely missed and I hope that all is well with him.

I hope that he will check-in here once in a while.

Welcome back, Jez!

Don

Yes, it is good news, isn’t it.

Hi Bill… it’s been a while. You doing OK?

It’s cool that Jezar is British… sometimes us non-US folks feel a bit out of it (no offence intended). It’s just nice to be able to contribute something from this side of the pond.

Mark

Hi Mark A :
I missed seeing your post… Whenever the Board gets rebuilt, I have trouble getting the Board to E-Mail the topics I’d like to get replies to… I don’t know why this happens but I then, forget to reply to these topics cause I forget which ones I am following …

Then, all of a sudden, it begins to work… It takes several weeks for this to begin to happen…

Anyway, it’s good to see you posting here…

I think the last time we posted, I was haveing Big-Time trouble with Spam and Junk Mail… I lost two Drives and had to rebuild this P-111… I think I’m close to that again… I haveing a Big-Time issue with "98SE, here… I may have to flatten my C Drive again… Things are just not right with it, again… I may have to go to XP… I just don’t know… If I’m leaning that way, I may as well go to a P-4… We’ll see…

You’re right… We are in a Minority, on this Board… I’m hearing on our newscasts here about the Fox-Hunts… It seems to have gotten into your House-of-Commons… Well… are you Pro or Con? It sounds pretty serious… or is it?

Over here, our Medical/Health System is going to the Dust… Here, they are talking about your Health System… Is your system working well, for you guys?

Bill…

Then, all of a sudden, it begins to work.. It takes several weeks for this to begin to happen..

Y'know, I've been in the software industry for 20 years, and I remember reading an article early in my career about software "going rusty". Well my experience suggests that it might be true.... systems that have been stable for years start exhibiting bugs... you touch them and they fall apart.....

So if you want my advice, get a can of WD40 and give your PC a liberal spraying in and out (NO Don't really :) ).

As for the hunting thing, it's probably too dangerous to start a discussion here; this place can be quite inflammable :)

No wait...... I did hear on the radio that one of the guys who got into the House of Commons is the son of the musician Bryan Ferry.... so perhaps there is a musical link and a justification for it to be discussed here.

Mark

I KkNnOoWw Mark:
I hear you… :p :laugh: I tried to reply earlier but I kept getting Black Screens… I may have hardware that is not working properly… Ram, Graphics Card… I don’t know…

Then they reported haveing to scrape BatMan off the wall of Buckingham Palace… I think Robin was there, as well…

I promised, on other versions of earlier Boards, I would try my best to stay more ON- Topic … I’m working at it…

Bill…

Then they reported haveing to scrape BatMan off the wall of Buckingham Palace.. I think Robin was there, as well..

I promised, on other versions of earlier Boards, I would try my best to stay more ON- Topic ...... I'm working at it..

OK, here's an attempt to help.... Anyone know what the batman "chord" is? ... Y'know those rich vocal harmonies? Particularly at the end iirc.

:)

Mark
OK, here's an attempt to help.... Anyone know what the batman "chord" is? ... Y'know those rich vocal harmonies? Particularly at the end iirc.

Mark

I have heard them but I have no idea what they could be.. I hope you elaborate.. Take it easy on me.. I'm only a Bluenoser.. lol.. :laugh:

Bill..

Don’t know about Batman, but the chord at the beginning of The Beatles cartoon from long ago was E11 (if I remember my chords correctly), or all 6 open strings in standard tuning. I know that’s the notes, but is that the chord name? I need to pull out the old chord book. I’m an idiot at this stuff. Someone correct me.

Hi phoo:
Lets hope Mark posts a reply… I think I know him, he’s testing our wisdom and resolve… :laugh: :p

Bill…

Lets hope Mark posts a reply.. I think I know him, he's testing our wisdom and resolve..

Nah! It's not a test. I just want to know. (Somebody did tell me years and years ago but I can't remember what happened yesterday let alone 20 years ago!)
Quote (phoo @ Sep. 16 2004,19:18)
Don't know about Batman, but the chord at the beginning of The Beatles cartoon from long ago was E11 (if I remember my chords correctly), or all 6 open strings in standard tuning. I know that's the notes, but is that the chord name? I need to pull out the old chord book. I'm an idiot at this stuff. Someone correct me.

there was a beatles cartoon? was the chord supposed to be the one from the beginning of 'A Hard Days Night'? which is a G7, with the rest of the song being essentially a blues in C.

The all strings open thing can also be said as G6/9 in 3rd in version.. E11, masks the fact that there is a minor 3rd, so something like Em add9 add11 would cover it but be a bit of a mouthful!!

DSP

It was an major network Saturday morning show, and NOT anything like a Yellow Submarine kind of thing. It was the older suit wearing fab four. It wasn’t very good. About all that it worth was to hear the voices trying sound Liverpoooodlian. :)

It was not interesting. It might have even been the real Beatles doing the voices, but I suspect not. My memory is that they weren’t that good, or if it was the real guy they were accenting their accents.

That was a really long time ago. It’s funny that I can even remember there was a show. My memory about the details is so bad about all I can remember is the chord, the look, and it sucked.
The “chord” was an arpeggio where someone slowly strummed the open strings over a couple of seconds and let it ring. It sounded like someone was trying to play the opening to A Hard Days Night but was too ignorant to get it right…it was a blatant attempt at avoiding paying royalties in my opinion. Six open strings? Almost any normal chord would have sounded better.

Thanks Duncan!

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/kids/beatlescartoon.htm
http://www.tvtome.com/Beatles/
http://home.earthlink.net/~ewashkin/cartoon.html
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon…Beatles

I was hoping to find the opening theme online…it probably is somewhere.

I’m sort of amazed I rememberd the way it looked and the voice problems, and actually that it was on ABC – thought I didn’t post it I typed it in ABC and deleted it because I wasn’t sure.

Anyway, that was all BB – Before Beer.

No, no, no! Batman Not Beatles :p

The TV theme is here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/resources/tvthemes/

Click on the “1966 Live Action Theme” - needs Real Player.

Listen to the vocals as they sing “Batman” (Actually that’s all that is sung). Especially the last “Batman”.

Incidently, I came home from work earlier and my son was doing his homework listening to a live recording of a band I was in about 15 years ago. The song playing was “Bat-wipes” a melody of Batman and Wipe Out. We used to have a lot of fun with that one - especially our drummer. None of those vocal harmonies though. Just the whole band yelling “Batman”
:cool:

Mark

the last chord on that recording seems to just be a Gm chord in (I believe) third position. I can’t remember my theory terminology well. But it is 5, 1, 3. that is, D, G, A#/Bflat(whatever). there is a G in the bass. That is the whole chord as I can hear it.

fish