Jezar

Wow

Wow

I just came across a tutorial of his called " how to mix a pop song from scratch "
Man that guy is great, lotsa info there.

Did he used to post here ?

I noticed he recommends N Track :)

Yes, Jezar Wakefield was a regular poster here and gave the world his “Freeverb” plugin.

He is sorely missed around here as is our dear “Limey!” I think someone criticized Limey for his Cockney jargon and he decided not to come back here. A sad state of affairs indeed!

It is our differences that make us unique, not our likenesses. I, and a lot of others here, always saw Limey’s Cockney-speak as “talent,” not ignorance.

Come back, Limey!

Don

Someone critcized Limey, for his Conckey jargon? Now how in the H would that offend anyone…especially being typed? My Lord!!!

<!–QuoteBegin>

I just came across a tutorial of his called " how to mix a pop song from scratch "
Man that guy is great, lotsa info there.

Did he used to post here ?

Yes, indeed. Jezar wrote that when he was hanging around here. I’ve found it incredibly useful over the years. He also wrote an article on compression and other on EQ, which I also refer to a lot.

I think he moved on for a “lifestyle change”. It did look as if he was about to return (he did post here once a couple of years ago), and his website seemed to come back to life, but hasn’t changed much since. I did email him regarding his other articles but didn’t get a reply.

As for Limey, he used to type in a “cockney accent”. Personally I thought it was great and I had no problems understanding it my self (being a Londoner), but a few nasty posts flew around and Limey decided it was time to move on too.

But I guess that’s the nature of forums… people come and people go.

Mark

Yea… That Jezar seminar on how to use a compressor seemed to be written on the right level of understanding, for me… He Parked all the words and understanding in exactly the right places…

It surprised me when he came on here to ask for advise on what kind of monitor speakers to buy… Everybody jumped on and gave him their ideas as to what he should get… I was even more surprised when he began leaning toward the Tannoy Boxes… :O ???

He should’da put more thought into those York’ies… Well… ??? :;):

Bill…

Jeremy Wakefield aka Jeezar had worked at Pinewood motion picture studios in the sound effects dept as well as various recording studios since he was a teen.

With so many inexperienced newbies here, it was an amazing resource to have him offering pro advice to tyros like me. This was in the n-Track v1 days.

A truely nice guy who did a lot to make this forum a special place. Along with Bill Wall, Michael Erwin, Mac McDonald, “Archie” Achemedies and others. Thanks to all!

It really is amazing that so many folks are still here, given the nature of forums. :)

I too miss Limey. :(

Quote (syn707 @ Aug. 02 2005,00:01)
Someone critcized Limey, for his Conckey jargon? Now how in the H would that offend anyone...especially being typed? My Lord!!!!

Folks like to splt hairs and beat on their chests.
Quote (Bubbagump @ Aug. 02 2005,08:55)
Folks like to splt hairs and beat on their chests.

Which results in bad hair and sore ribs, Not much else...

TG

:laugh:

Don’t forget, it was Limey who gave us “Limey’s Mixing Pyramid” another great bit of writing.

Don

I liked his line of thinking that it will never sound good if you don’t have a decent song to begin with.
:cool:

I do hope we’re not talking about the very recent version of “Limey”?

I wasn’t here when the original was around so I don’t know him; but having read his “mixing pyramid” and other stuff, he seemed a very knowledgeable guy.

However, the recent “Limey” was not a Londoner; his knowledge of London, and especially Tin Pan Alley, was pitiful.

Not only that, but he never responded directly to recording questions, just regurgitated aphorisms.

Ali

I had no idea that it was Limey who wrote the “How to Mix a Pop Song…” article. I too have learned a lot from that piece.

Do any of you guys have a link to his other articles, particulary the one on compression? I bet that would be a good read.

actually Jezar wrote the " how to mix a pop song " article

<!–QuoteBegin>

Do any of you guys have a link to his other articles, particulary the one on compression? I bet that would be a good read.

I have all his articles; I’ve got to go out now but remind me later and I’ll put them somewhere. Alternatively, there are loads of versions around the internet. Try googling “Jezar compression”, “jezar thoughts on reverb”, and “jezar eq” and you’ll probably find them.

Mark

I just typed in “Jezar” in Google and all of his articles popped up.

HTH

Don