Job for MicroSoft

less is more

Wouldn’t it be great if MS took the XP OS and stripped out everything
that wasn’t related to music production. WinXP for Music.
Just a host OS for DAW’s and plugins + IP. None of security BS or
3/4 of the stuff no one needs or wants. Or at least have an option
to install just those items. Cost for them - zero. Cost for us - $50?
Plus a lot less bulk and overhead and headaches.

Actually 7o’11 someone has already done that for us. I have not had time to try it out myself. I can flog a link for you though… hang on…

LINKY - POO

The above link will carry you to the Reaper forum. Lots of guys are reporting success with this stripped down XP and I hope to give it a whirl sooner or later…

D

See here as it already exists. :wink:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=30162

Heh… beat cha’ to it Bubba… :p

Have you loaded it up on a system yet?

D

Why you guys been sandbaggin’ that?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 04 2009, 11:51 AM)

Why you guys been sandbaggin' that?

Causin' I ain't tried it myself. I wouldn't offer you my cookin' if'n I hadn't sampled it myself... :laugh:

D

Because, if we link to the “other” we are chastised. We’re pariahs for associating over there… even if the mouse trap is better and this is just another example.

I used 98lite back in the day. Probably got me another 20% or so performance which on a PII350 made a lot of difference.

TBH I don’t really see the point now - cpus are so much faster than back then and I still don’t really max my (3 year old) machine out with my biggest projects. But I can see that it might help some people who do lots of VST(i)… but then that’s what freeze is for ?

That’s pretty cool - Thanks for the link D and Bubba!
Man with the Net out there - I’ll never have an original
thought again. Oh well.

Quote:

I'll never have an original thought again.

I thought I had an original thought once... but then my wife came home. Straightened me out real quick like...

D
Quote:

Because, if we link to the "other" we are chastised. We're pariahs for associating over there...

This is true?
I don't see it that way - not in the "anything else" part of the forum.
One thing about getting older you learn to be tolerant of folks who use a different recording software. :agree: