Joe Scarborough's answer

Keep Bush away from the press

I’m back - miss me?

Keep Bush away from the press

<!–QuoteBegin>

Has anyone considered keeping the President away from the press altogether if he is no longer up to the task of answering questions?

I’m serious.

If George Bush has lost his ability to give a commanding presser, then stage manage him differently. Play to his strengths. Control Bush like Deaver controlled Reagan. Show him only in settings where he is in control.

Right now, this President cannot afford to bumble his way across the world stage. He needs to be seen as a strong, confident leader capable of managing the greatest foreign policy crisis since the Cold War.

I watched Bush’s press conference this morning. The thing that struct me the most was his passive/aggressive flip/flop with the UN. He would stand behind a UN resolution when it suited him (or made his life easier), but in the next breath, he was criticize the UN for being ineffectual. Sorry Georgie, but you can’t have it both ways - you either have to support the UN or not. The US also has a responsibility to make sure the UN’s mission succeeds. It won’t if the US isn’t behind it.

I also love how the US took a hands-off policy while Israel bombed Lebanon but now we’re going to spend $230 milltion to rebuild it. Seems likes our policy is in shambles or just plain stupid or both.

We thought you’d taken on a new persona as “midget hot rink.”

<!–QuoteBegin>

…confident leader capable of managing the greatest foreign policy crisis since the Cold War.

One he created BTW.

In 2008 we’ll get the man who is most qualified to be a bathroom attendant…John McCain as our new villiage idiot.

Can I get an AMEN?

KF

Not me Tom.

AMEN. IMO - things are really a MESS right now (understatement)!!!

Back in January of 2005 the PoorMan said it best:

Excerpt:

<!–QuoteBegin>

…And, before you ask: no, I have no clue about how we can improve things in Iraq. I don’t have a single idea for how we can un-xxxx the bed, and I don’t hold out much hope that this whole bed-xxxxt!ng episode is ever going to be brought to a lemony-fresh conclusion. I do, however, know who xxxx the bed, and have some sense of how frequently he xxxxs there. Let’s stop xxxxt!ng for a start.

You’ll have to read his post for the juicy words!

KF

Quote (Mr Soul @ Aug. 21 2006,16:14)
… He would stand behind a UN resolution when it suited him (or made his life easier), but in the next breath, he was criticize the UN for being ineffectual. Sorry Georgie, but you can’t have it both ways - you either have to support the UN or not.

You are right, Mr Sole. Only an idiot would criticize the U.N. when he thought it was wrong, and praise it when he thought it was right.

You’re sharp as a tack, Mikey. As usual!!!

Midget Hot Rink

:p ??? :p ???

a fell gym inks tot

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’m back - miss me?

Like a case of the clap! :D

Just kiddin’ Mike. Whar you been?

Now who or what is this Scarred-burro fella?

D

EDIT: Never mind. I followed the link… MSNBC writer guy. Hey we have something in common ol’ Scarred-burro and me…

<!–QuoteBegin>
I voted for George Bush twice and would do it again if Al Gore and John Kerry were once again the alternatives.

:D :D :D

Scarborough is a Republican congressman turned talking head.

<!–QuoteBegin>

I voted for George Bush twice and would do it again if Al Gore and John Kerry were once again the alternatives.

That was indeed a hypocritical statement by old Joe. When he covered the election, he praised Kerry for his military record & said he would feel comfortable with him at the helm. Now he changes his tune (because he’s an ideologue just like the rest of the Republicans I know).

Listen - Bush couldn’t have screwed things up in the Middle East anymore than he has done. Kerry would have been a much better President in this regard.
Quote (Mr Soul @ Aug. 21 2006,17:23)
Not me Tom.

AMEN. IMO - things are really a MESS right now (understatement)!!!

Just to clarify: I didn't really think you had. But as phoo pointed out, midget hot rink is an anagram for midnight toker.

Anyway, we're going to have some more democrats in the House soon. Dunno if it will make things better, that depends on who it is, but it certainly will stop things from getting worse.

I keep hoping that old style republicans will break from the repubs and form a new party.

<!–QuoteBegin>

midget hot rink is an anagram for midnight toker.

Interesting. Other unimaginative people have copied my names before, e.g., SoulToker, etc.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Anyway, we’re going to have some more democrats in the House soon.

Even if the Democrat’s retake the House (which I hope they do), they will not be able to fix Iraq & the Middle East.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I keep hoping that old style republicans will break from the repubs and form a new party.

I’d like to see the same thing but it won’t happen.
Quote (Mr Soul @ Aug. 22 2006,16:52)

I'd like to see the same thing but it won't happen.
It won't happen with a "new" party. What needs to happen is for the old style Repubs to grow some 'nads and take back their party.

D