Johnny Rivers Cover

They’ve been moving all my files to a new server today, and they promise this one will be much more stable with a lot less down-time, so please let me know if this link doesn’t work for you…

Danny Milligan - Swayin’ To The Music (Slow Dancin’)

Someday I’ll go back and redo this with the attention it deserves, add extra instruments to it to fill it out…

btw, I heard some years back that Willie Nelson has covered this song, but I’ve never been able to find it, have any of you heart his version???

I like your arrangement, Danny, and your voice fits this really well.

I like it, Danny.

Thank you, Tom & Tony :)

It is my plan to add a Fender Rhodes to this, some strings, and acoustic texturing throughout the song, and a little more percussion, the drums are rather plain, lol!

sigh…
The page doesn’t want to “OPEN”…

The Page…

???
???

Bill…

Well I guess it’s left to me to be honest with you Danny - the drums sound like casio midi drums - which would be fine for a hip hop rap cover with due instrumentation and effects along with it. And right away going into bar three your timing was off again. Sorry man - but your continued timing issues make your stuff sound amateurish - to me anyway. Sorry but that’s my take. Last time I mentioned this to you you meandered around to blaming the drums. With your talent there is no way you should be settling for out of time parts.

lol, Poppa, I agree with you, and those drums were tapped out on a keyboard, (now that I think about it, when I did this song, it WAS a casio, lol!). The things you mentioned are why I said I needed to rework this song, because I don’t really like it at all, except for the lead breaks. The original song didn’t have any at all, and I think the ones I played were perfect for the song, lol

true - some good parts again. All you need is an honest slave driver!