Judge Orders U.S. to Find Bush Records

Navy Contradicts Kerry on Release of Mil

Judge Orders U.S. to Find Bush Records

Navy Contradicts Kerry on Release of Military Records

When’s this going to stop???

When's this going to stop???

Every new legal twist is making more work for the beaurocracies and making more money for lawyers. It isn't going to stop. It is the nature of the government we have created for ourselves.
It is the nature of the government we have created for ourselves.
Is it the government or ourselves?

Why do you think the country has become so polarized & the parties have become so "hateful" towards each other?
Why do you think the country has become so polarized & the parties have become so "hateful" towards each other?

I sincerely believe that our political divisions are created deliberately to blind us to what is REALLY going on. As long as we are doing battle with each other, there is no way we are going to join forces and root out the corruption that utterly permeates our government. Take a moment and read that little essay I posted in the other thread where I was scaring you so - "The Myth of Symptoms." That is a concise summary of how I REALLY feel about this once-great nation.

I skimmed the article briefly but didn’t see it answers my question.

If something from outside were dividing us, then why do we have the red vs. blue states, or rural vs. urban? It would seem it would divide us more randomly than the rather clear cut divisions that we have now.

BTW - if I seach google on <!–QuoteBegin>

“Myth of Symptoms” peter
your article comes up. The spiders have found you!!!
Quote (pete @ Sep. 16 2004,18:33)
I sincerely believe that our political divisions are created deliberately to blind us to what is REALLY going on. As long as we are doing battle with each other, there is no way we are going to join forces and root out the corruption that utterly permeates our government.

How does one join forces with those
who are diametrically opposed in view to oneself ??

I'll also add, I believe we are in the mists of a cultural
and/or generational war.
That (to me) has been apparent for some time.
The outcome of the current election - I believe - will have far-reaching ramifications.

Paralysis by Analysis ??

---

Yet another conundrum.

Can’t have your Bush and eat it too I always say.

Quote (phoo @ Sep. 16 2004,19:38)
Can't have your Bush and eat it too I always say.

Phoo is really Whoopi Goldberg .... ?

Who would a thought ..... :)

--
I'll also add, I believe we are in the mists of a cultural
and/or generational war.

No disagreements here.
your article comes up. The spiders have found you!!!

Yeah, Mike. I've been around for a long time. I predate google and even the World Wide Web. (I was dialing into Merit and running a NOS node in the mid 80's.) It might even surprise you to know that my articles and essays were being published in a few places back on the '90's. Somewhere, I have a file full of oddball papers, newsletters and bizzare publications that picked up my material.

I've been more than a little disturbed at some of the places they have turned up, too... but that's the nature of the 'net. I always published with open copyright in the electronic forum.
Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 16 2004,18:29)

Media consolidation. That's it. People eat what they are fed and if you have only a few polarized voices that permiate through every media outlet, there is no middle ground. This creates a great WWE type atmosphere that gets ratings. People want soaps, not politics.

EDIT: I should add, its not all the media. The media feeds off the politicians, the politicians off the media. It's a very happy family.
People want soaps, not politics.
And that's what they've got!