Just a cover song.....Hurt!

Something I wanted to try

Not sure why I’m posting this. Except I wanted to try and sing it and a recent conversation with a true friend prompted me to try.
At least I now know I need a pop filter for the new mic.

Hurt

whew…

Sounds mighty fine to me Ian!
:agree:

Great job Bruffie! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: Good message!

A lot of personal meaning in that tune for me Bruffie. What my life was like when I first heard it by J.C.
You did good my friend - more than you know. :agree:

Hi Bruffie:

This music your doing is sounding soo good…
Keep it coming…
:)
:p

Bill…

Not what I’m used to hearing from you. Good job sounding… hurt.

Man, Ian you blew me away with this!

Loved it! :agree:

Thanks for the kind words guys! Like I say, it’s just something I always wanted to sing, and wouldn’t go down well in the bars in Dubai :)

Someone be a bit meaner, there’s at least 2 pops on the vocals.

Need a filter for the new mic but the Mrs is so unreasonable about parting with her underwear…spose I could just get them from the wardrobe though :laugh:

Yup, great tune… However, let me nit pick… hear some plosives on the vocals. the P in “I focus on the Pain” pops pretty badly. Also, the volcas could really use a nice plate verb IMO. Again, nit picks.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Mar. 09 2009, 9:58 AM)

Yup, great tune.... However, let me nit pick... hear some plosives on the vocals. the P in "I focus on the Pain" pops pretty badly. Also, the volcas could really use a nice plate verb IMO. Again, nit picks.

Yep! That's a bad one. I did the vox in one take with a new mic and didn't use a filter.
Would like to do the vox again but not sure I'll catch the moment. I had just read something that inspired me at the time.

Thanks for the input Bubba, much appreciated,
Ian

Eyup!

That’s F__ing brilliant mate. My goose bumps have got goose bumps.

Steve

Yep a homemade pop filter works great Ian!

Still blown away from this son! :agree:

HOLY CRAP!

i didn’t know others covered that too!

:laugh:

awesome and nice job!

i did a cover of hurt also, my 2 man cheesy band that we do for fun.

i’m on guitar, buddy is on bass, and we both do the vocals,… he’s doing the low in this song, i’m doing the high.

we used ntrack 6 to record, and we were using a rock band mic, to record with.

ya… that’s how we do it. :agree:

anyways, check ours out.

it’s the second song on the list.

www.myspace.com/thecannmanband

Hurt… yep… it’s a good song and fun to play.

Dude…

now you see why i’m trying to learn this drum stuff… we have no drummer. lol…

Man - can I offer a free drumtrack? lol - Either that or hit the books buddy!

I do drumtracks for food… :laugh:

Yep - home recording is fun but it can get out of hand without a good foundation.

i hear ya! and about that petty cover… i just didn’t like the singing at all… i held back. i get embarrassed the neighbors can hear me. :;): that’s what i didn’t think sounded right.

and be my guest with a drum sound… see if you can match it up to any of those. that would be wild. :agree:

ha! you quoted me on my myspace on your sig?