Just a favor... lost a toolbar

returning track names

I did something to lose the names of tracks which stinks as I edit because I can’t mute a specific track to list to the sequence I am making… I hear everything.

How does one return the track view… I tried View // Track list and that gave a list that was not like what I had before.

Sorry to bother… Thanks for the help!

Not exactly sure but you may open the main mixer and right click on it for more viewing options.

Yaz:D

Try View > Timeline. That should get your tracks back on screen.

TG

View >> Timeline gets the dark gray background and the wave file for each track. I am trying to get the track names dialogue that was to the left of the gray area (between the VU meters and the gray area).

This listed track numbers and had three choices (Mute, Recording… and one other) that were small symbols.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
| 1 o o o | gray area with wave files
| ---------------------------|
| 2 o o o |
| 3 o o o |

Quote (jjdoll42 @ Jan. 19 2005,10:19)
View >> Timeline gets the dark gray background and the wave file for each track. I am trying to get the track names dialogue that was to the left of the gray area (between the VU meters and the gray area).

This listed track numbers and had three choices (Mute, Recording... and one other) that were small symbols.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
| 1 o o o | gray area with wave files
| 2 o o o |
| 3 o o o X "Right" Click!!!!

See your diagram. Right click where I put the X. Choose "Select left track bar elements". Is that what you are looking for? ???

TG

EDIT** Right clicking anywhere along the left most light grey area should get you the menu.

It might have been resized to the left too small to see. If that is it left-click-and-drag-right on one of the vertical lines (there may be several there - one is a drag bar – the edge of a window used for resizing) to resize it back larger. Resizing too small and having it dissapear has been a very common problem.

If the entire track-bar is not visible and the timeline only displays the waveforms, most likely you have inadvertently drug it out of view.
If such is the case, slowly move your cursor to the left edge of the timeline window.
Once your cursor changes to two opposing arrows separated by two lines (something like <-ll->), click and drag the track-bar back out to the right.

HTH

-Ken

Phoo and Crankz1 are right! I located the vertical column adjuster by carefully looking on the left side of the gray area and sure enough, it was there. Thanks all.

Audacity is really helping too. I am burning a multri track cd tonight… Yippee. :)