Just got a new job.....

As a doorman at the local Wal-Mart.
Wish me luck.

Hi:

That’s something you might consider holding on to…
Times may get pretty tough…

Up here, in these parts it’s beginning to hit home…
The papers are reporting lay-offs Big-Time…

There’s a couple of Gypsum Plants/Mines that produce raw product for the Drywall Industry…
The gypsum is transported to the Baltimore area from here…
These are the biggest gypsum mines in the world. They are shutting down…
The building industry is shutting down, if the gypsum mines are closing…

There are plants here that manufacture parts for the car building lines…
They are shutting down…
People are just beginning to find out how bad it’s gonna get…

There’s gonna be a lot of people sitting in front of shops playing instruments and sell whatever they can find to make a loonie…

Bill…

A few months ago I was in Dayton Ohio, home of the famous “Dysfunction Junction” I-75 & I-70.
I had a dinner there watching an nfl game at a local sports bar.
The place was almost empty.
The bartender said it was normally packed for games but they had shut down a couple auto plants in the surrounding area.
It takes creative minds and a little less greed. However unintentional that greed seems to be.

Thinking they built autos that cost 80,000 dollars and 160,000 to repair, if you catch my drift.
I’m sure most of their focus was on safety.
Who was expecting THIS economy to shrink? I’ve been bitching about inflated prices from around 1999.
But hold steady everyone, the fule prices are sliding and that is a great thing.
And a new breed of autos are on the horizon, invest wisely!

:agree: Just remember to watch the traffic when one of those super hotties walks by, stay focused! :laugh:
Congrats on the new job!

and I suppose they had ya take a whiz quiz for the gig too,didnt they!?

Put in now for next black friday as a day off.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 04 2008, 9:11 AM)

Put in now for next black friday as a day off.

Yeah... remember New York...

D

Yikes, I was just kidding.
I would be scared ----less to have that job.
Anyway, I can not, will not, work at any place that
plays music all day. As much as I love music, I can’t
stand having it piped into my head until my brain is
mush. Jeez, it’s at the gas station now. It’s in every
store I walk into. The only place that doesn’t have it
(yet) is the local library. And that’s probably due to
buget constraints.
STOP THE MUSIC. I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT EVERYWHERE I GO
PLEASE!
I’ll bet this forum would have it on if it could. (Pobably can)
But at least I could turn down my soundcard.
Hey - I thing there’s a song in this somewhere. ???

It’s the new “javlin catcher” job.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Dec. 04 2008, 12:50 PM)

Yikes, I was just kidding.

Phew....

Oh maaaannn… you have just hit on one of my biggest pet peeves…

I like most music, many genre’s… there’s little that I really don’t like WHEN I HAVE SOME MODICUM OF CONTROL!

I was gassing my car up the other day to “She thanks mah tractor’s sexxxxyyyyy… It really tuurnnss 'er onnn…” blaring out of the gas stations speakers. It was before lunch but if I had had anything in my stomach… ROWLF! BARF! RETCH!!

Before you country music fans start throwing your boots at me… it’s a song that was obviously a big success and really not that bad. I however, was totally sick of it after the first two days of its release. It’s all you heard… everywhere…

So to paraphrase Mad Max from the JB&B Bigshow… “All you common public area music blasters need to turn it OFF, be QUIET and quit ruining my life!” :laugh:

D

Songs like that are enough to make you pack up and leave Nashville. Been there done that.

The girl plays in a country band and that is one of the tunes they ALWAYS do. I hate the damn song.

Another suicide inducer: "Don’t tell me no lies and keep your hands to yourself…"

or

"Pour me something tall and strong. Make it a Hurricane before I go insane. It’s only half past twelve, but I don’t care …"

or

"I may be a real bad boy. But baby I’m a real good man."

or

"Big orange balls…"

or

"Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday, gone like a soldier in a civil war bang bang…"

or

"I’m here for the party… and I ain’t leaving till they throw me out"

or

"I’m a red neck woman, ain’t no high class broad…"

Sorry, modern country sucks amazingly huge nads. Come back Johnny Cash!

Quote:

Sorry, modern country sucks amazingly huge nads. Come back Johnny Cash!

LOL... come on Bubba... tell us how you really feel! :laugh:

For the most part... yup, I agree.

D

Don’t get me started on Brad Paisley. A good waste of talent. He plays guitar like a monster and writes songs that sound like they came from a 5 year old. I would expect better from such a really excellent musician. But, I guess he is paying the bills.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Dec. 04 2008, 2:25 PM)

Don't get me started on Brad Paisley. A good waste of talent. He plays guitar like a monster and writes songs that sound like they came from a 5 year old. I would expect better from such a really excellent musician. But, I guess he is paying the bills.

That seems to be norm in Nashburg any more... Top caliber, fantastic musicians... CRAP SONGS. Oh well...

I think Brad Paisley and Brent Mason should ditch country and start a Prog Rock/Jazz band. :laugh:

D