Just Got Back! The place has changed..

Finally back on the Net: Now from Africa

Hi to everyone. Seems the HackerBomb hit while I was away…

I’m finally on the Net from home, and at Mary Alice’s school, here in Carthage - Tunis in Tunisia in North Africa.

I’m still looking for any pointers to audio/recording/mixing terms in French… I’m working on the language thing; mostly French and later some Arabic.

Interesting being the Foreigner who don’y speaka da langwish!!

My DAW seems happy with 220V 50Hz though. I guess it was bi-whatever from the beginning…

Back when I can get on again…

Best Regards to all the Crew…

Hi Terry!

Good to hear you are doing well. I certainly cannot help with your “langwish” issues…I butcher my native English language constantly!! To be precise, Southern English y’all!!

TG

Hey Terry !

You mean we’re on the same continent now ?

Alright !

W.

Welcome back, Terry!

Been looking for you and wondering how you have been doing there in Tunisia. Good to see your name pop up here today.

TG,

Are you available to do some translating for me? I need an interpteter from Oklahoman to Washingtonian? I moved here to OK about two years ago and I haven’t understood a word of it since arriving. Have to use sign language and hand signals especially since I am a mute. Great fun though! :D

An Oklahoma friend said: “Don, you need a new bub in yer turnin’ laght!” Any clues?

Also, the concept of “yonder” continues to elude me. They have up yonder, over yonder, down yonder, right yonder, and just plain yonder. I have learned that “right yonder” means that you are already stepping in it, though!

Don

Quote (Don Gaynor @ Sep. 10 2004,10:27)
I have learned that "right yonder" means that you are already stepping in it, thought!

Don

Yer 'a lernin Don!

Pick up some Jeff Foxworthy videos. He can teach ANYBODY to speak redneck!

TG

Hey Terry,

Glad to hear you’re doing well. PS - I still want your place in VT :laugh:

Thanks, guys. I’m still getting sorted out…
I’m trying to get past TaxiDriver Francais right now. We just got our car out of Customs, so we’ll get around more.

There are mind-blowing differences. 120 degree mid-day heat last week, no rain in the 3+ weeks we’ve been here. Comfortable today, though. 2000 year old Roman ruins by the side of the road, and incredible plastic garbage everywhere in the smaller villages. A traditionally dressed old Berber woman carrying water on her back, and 2 miles away, tight pink jeans and bellybuttons exposed in the Carrefour Supermarket. But everyone we’ve met has been friendly. "American? Ah, welcome to Tunisia!"

Got a lot to learn, for sure…

Nice to drop into this neighborhood again!

Sounds great! - Tell us some more about the tight pink jeans… :)

Hi TerryKing:

I missed this thread entirely…

I’m glad you posted back to tell us how you are and what’s going on over in North Africa…
Does it sound like you may never get back to North America?
OR…
is time getting short for you, over there????
I’m somewhat surprised to hear you say that French is a common language spoken, where you are… I would have thought some Eastern European Language…

Here it is
the closing night of the 2010 Olympics…
I just watched the Gold Metal Hockey match and saw my hometown boy, Sydney Crosby score the overtime goal…

Yea gotta be an East Coast Hockey Fan to appreciate that…

That was quite-the-game…
TomS…

That goal will be worth a few million bucks to Sydney…

It was pretty quiet around here…
everyone was home watching the big game… The sidewalks were all rolled up around here…
I got my finger nails chewed off to my knuckles…
It was a nail-biter, to say the least…

I guess I should pay more attention to the goings-on around the board…
:p
:)

Bill…

hey terry it ok i know of these langauge matter i must dealing with it in amerca but i learn quick so i use some hear 4 u. werd up dewd hi bro hey u look liek taht dewd dewey bunnell with you long gray hair meng. lolololol.

Where did this thread come from? It started in 2004…odd, odd, very odd…

Bill: heck of a game. Justice was had. Your boy Crosby did what all sports writers wanted him to do. Iginla was great. I have to put in a word for Rafalski and Miller, both Michigan products, however. :laugh:

Hi TomS and All:

2004…
Were has the time gone ????

Times were soo much simpler back then…

There was no Crosby to worry about sittin on the bench…
:laugh:
Every time I saw that line come out I held my breath…
It was a good thing they put Iginla on that line with him…
I give 110 maRKS TO THE Exe’s, behind the bench for settin up that bench…
I don’t follow Hockey that much to recognize all the skaters on those benches…
Miller played so great…

Of course…

these players are all million dollar kids…
A sigh of relief went up all over Cole Harbour…
I here to tell you that…
I opened my front door just to hear it…
While the game was on there was no one out on the streets…
The sidewalks were all rolled up…
I should have went out and captured some photos…
There are several pubs/taverns around the community, but the Big Leagues Tavern was the place to be if you wanted to be in the crowd…
That was the pub they went to as the game was on…
I’m that close to the strip mall where it is, I can throw a rock on it’s roof… from where I live… and the Tim’s Coffee Shop where I go in the mornings is right there, as well…
lol

[edit] I’m headed for there right now…
they make lousy coffee there… hehehe…

Can I tell you what I saw ????

About half-way through the second period I began to see the Canadian Bench sit on their lead and start to back into their end…
They stopped skating, and started to shoot the puck into the American End… looking for the Americans to make a mistake… I don’t like that style of play…

Million Dollar Players don’t get into the NHL making mistakes…

The Canucks were soo lucky…

That’s what I saw…

BUT…
What a game it was…
Anyone of those benches could have gone home with that WIN…
You know…
and
I know… it takes every player on the bench to win a Hockey Game…

Those Defence Kids on both benches play so good…

I’m hearing that the Crosby Gloves-and-Stick he used to score that goal in missing…
He threw them off just after he scored that goal…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Mar. 03 2010, 3:22 AM)

Hi TomS and All:

Were has the time gone ????

Times were soo much simpler back then..

There was no Crosby to worry about sittin on the bench..
Every time I saw that line come out I held my breath..
It was a good thing they put Iginla on that line with him..
I give 110 maRKS TO THE Exe's, behind the bench for settin up that bench..
I don't follow Hockey that much to recognize all the skaters on those benches..
Miller played so great..

Of course...

these players are all million dollar kids..
A sigh of relief went up all over Cole Harbour..
I here to tell you that..
I opened my front door just to hear it..
While the game was on there was no one out on the streets..
The sidewalks were all rolled up..
I should have went out and captured some photos..
There are several pubs/taverns around the community, but the Big Leagues Tavern was the place to be if you wanted to be in the crowd..
That was the pub they went to as the game was on..
I'm that close to the strip mall where it is, I can throw a rock on it's roof.. from where I live.. and the Tim's Coffee Shop where I go in the mornings is right there, as well..
lol

[edit] I'm headed for there right now..
they make lousy coffee there..
hehehe..

Can I tell you what I saw ????

About half-way through the second period I began to see the Canadian Bench sit on their lead and start to back into their end..
They stopped skating, and started to shoot the puck into the American End.. looking for the Americans to make a mistake.. I don't like that style of play..

Million Dollar Players don't get into the NHL making mistakes..

The Canucks were soo lucky..

That's what I saw..

BUT..
What a game it was..
Anyone of those benches could have gone home with that WIN..
You know...
and
I know.. it takes every player on the bench to win a Hockey Game..

Those Defence Kids on both benches play so good..

I'm hearing that the Crosby Gloves-and-Stick he used to score that goal in missing..
He threw them off just after he scored that goal..

Bill..

man i can never get teh understands of what it is that ur vessel des informacions it is talking about in this things.

Horace doesn’t speak Canadian, Bill.

I thought the same thing of your team, Bill. So much talent, but not quite enough hunger. The USA team, mostly young hungry guys, like Ryan Miller. Greatest goaltender in the league right now - and a Michigander! Even the old guys on the US team like Chris Drury played like they meant it. Oh, it would have been hell to pay for some folks had Canada not won. Igninla - what a great player.

Did you see what happened at the next Pittsburgh game? Crosby got an ovation, but they were playing Buffalo, and this was in Pittsburgh, and Miller got the bigger ovation! ???

Hi TomS:

I didn’t see that game… I only have a coat hanger that I throw out the window…

I saw the write-up in this morning’s paper down at the coffee shop…
I also heard about Sydney’Stick and Gloves got missing, somehow, from the ice after the game was over…
I think his helmet is gone, as well…
The afternoon paper claims his pants and the net is on-it’s way to the Hockey Hall of Fame… and Iginla’s stick, as well…

Listen…
this is just a 22 year old kid… I really feel sorry for him and his parents…
[edit]
If only I could get access to a dollar-and-a-half of his assets…
lol…

There’s no mistaking…
Those American Kids have a life-time of opportunities ahead of them… They all have…
Miller is by far the better goalie…
The Canadians were just lucky…
It takes luck to win at Hockey, as well…

I sure hope he doesn’t meet up with Tiger Woods…
Wouldn’t that be something for the Sport’s Writers to get hold of…

Bill…

p.s.

I know Horace Frankendingle…

don’t we make a lot about nothing…

It’s only Hockey…
Ain’t It ?
TomS…

I wouldn’t even consider the thought of the Canucks loosing thaT GAME…
mAn…

“Only” hockey? Did I tell you what my Canadian wife and her father made me do at our rehearsal dinner??? :laugh: