Just ordered a Hercules FW 16/12

here’s wishing me luck.

Just ordered the hercules fw 16/12, was a bit wary after how long it took to actually get released, can I could only find one review on the web (in something other than english), but what the hey. I haven’t been recording in over a year, so it’s time to get cracking.

More expensive than many similar type things, but the 16ins has won it for me, although after bed tracks, it’s mostly one or two tracks at a time…

Many would say “but the ISIS was crap”, but I got pretty good results with mine, and it was reliable until I shifted off the bx motherboard…

translated herc review

Wish me luck.

Willy

Hi Willy:
I’m root’in for ya… lol… I know you’re wanting to get tracking… And, you have to have that many tracks, at one time if you want to do a drum kit.

You’ll have to post some photos of your setup when you can… Do you plan to use out-board hardware for compressing and limiting/gating on your tracks? I’m not so sure it’s nessessary, once you get your setup working and refined, and all…

One of the Resident Drummers, over on the CC Board, has put a lot of time on the setup he has… I’m not sure just what multi-track hardware he’s into, but it took him a while to to get it working just the way he has it now…

I think he lives in the central USA… Kansas, I think… I think his ID/Handle is jwoo… He’s a good guy… You’d have lots to talk about… Tracking drums… and all… Anyway, get those photos posted…

Bill…

Will do. I’ve got an Alto 4 channel comp/limiter that I’m going to be playing with for drums (limiting the peaks) and vocals (got some stuff I want to try in conjunction with fader riding), so should be good. A mate has a tube pre he’s going to lend me, so that’ll be fun too.

Willy.

Willy,

The link was still in French. I felt like Peter Sellers trying to read it. It did look good ,though. Good luck! :D