just updated and..

I’m not sure why, but when I record the next track, it copies down the previous track audio too. and then if I record a third it adds the previous track ontop again and so on…

any ideas? still finding my way around the new software - but I am a bit ‘slow’ . Any help greatly appreciared.

purple.

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’m not sure why, but when I record the next track, it copies down the previous track audio too

What you have said isn’t totally clear… does it create a new track PLUS a copy of your previous track… OR, (and this is what I suspect you mean), your previous tracks are also included in your new track?

If it’s the first one, then I dunno. If it’s the second one that it’s most likely a soundcard setting…

The exact settings are soundcard-specific but basically you’ve got your Recording source (in the “Recording” settings of the soundcard), set to “What you hear” or “Wave”. It’s basically recording what you are hearing. What it needs to be set to in “LINE-IN” or “ANALOGUE IN”, or whatever your soundcard calls it. This makes sure you record your input source (eg guitar).

HTH

Mark

sounds to me like Mark A has the right idea. double check your recording source and ensure you’re not recording “what you hear”