Kerry Lost

Lies, distortions and excuses

Kerry says he lost the election because of UBL. The operative words are “he lost the election”. He admits it and has accepted it. Others say it’s the gay issue, some even say he won. The truth is the best man won. Time to move on and quit whining like little girls.

“Best” man - I’m not so sure about that. Kerry has moved on - it’s others that haven’t.

Here’s an email to me from his campaign:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Dear Mike,

I want to thank you personally for what you did in the election – you rewrote the book on grassroots politics, taking control of campaigns away from big donors. No campaign will ever be the same.

You moved voters, helped hold George Bush accountable, and countered the attacks from big news organizations such as Fox, Sinclair Broadcasting, and conservative talk radio.

And your efforts count now more than ever. Despite the words of cooperation and moderate sounding promises, this administration is planning a right wing assault on values and ideals we hold most deeply. Healthy debate and diverse opinion are being eliminated from the State Department and CIA, and the cabinet is being remade to rubber stamp policies that will undermine Social Security, balloon the deficit, avoid real reforms in health care and education, weaken homeland security, and walk away from critical allies around the world.

Regardless of the outcome of this election, once all the votes are counted – and they will be counted – we will continue to challenge this administration. This is not a time for Democrats to retreat and accommodate extremists on critical principles – it is a time to stand firm.

I will fight for a national standard for federal elections that has both transparency and accountability in our voting system. It’s unacceptable in the United States that people still don’t have full confidence in the integrity of the voting process.

I ask you to join me in this cause.

And we must fight not only against George Bush’s extreme policies – we must also uphold our own values. This is why on the first day Congress is in session next year, I will introduce a bill to provide every child in America with health insurance. And, with your help, that legislation will be accompanied by the support of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

There are more than eight million uninsured children in our nation.

That’s eight million reasons for us to stay together and fight for a new direction. It is a disgrace that in the wealthiest nation on earth, eight million children go without health insurance.

Normally, a member of the Senate will first approach other senators and ask them to co-sponsor a bill before it is introduced – instead, I am turning to you. Imagine the power of a bill co-sponsored by hundreds of thousands of Americans being presented on the floor of the United States Senate. You can make it happen. Sign our “Every Child Protected” pledge today and forward it to your family, friends, and neighbors:

http://johnkerry.com/EveryChild

This is the beginning of a second term effort to hold the Bush administration accountable and to stand up and fight for our principles and our values. They want you to disappear; they are counting on that. I’m confident you will prove them wrong, and you will rewrite history again.

Here is what I want you to know. I understand the strength, commitment, and passion that are at the core of what we built together – and I am determined to make our collective energy and organization a force to be reckoned with in the weeks and months ahead.

Let’s roll up our sleeves and get back to work for our country.

Thank you,

Truth seeker, “whining like girls” and “women just want someone to proect them” sorts of comments…you ever get a second date? ???

:)

I’ve been happily married for 14 years. I don’t normally make comments like that in a serious nature. You just can’t hear the sarcasm in my typing. Plus, I’m so darn good looking that it doesn’t matter what I say. :laugh:

Seriously though, it’s just a little ribbing. :) :) :)

Yup … Bush won.

Sorry, just ran across that and thought it was rather funny.

Carry on.

Sorry … but I found more … LOL … No Sleep till Whitehouse. :laugh:

By no means am I knocking anyones political stand points … this is just some funny stuff.

I want to thank you personally for what you did in the election -- you rewrote the book on grassroots politics, taking control of campaigns away from big donors. No campaign will ever be the same.

You spammed a recording forum!

And now Truth Seeker is using an avatar for an organization that I consider to be…out of touch with reality. That automated phone call I got (supporting Bush) put the NRA on my MEGA-POOP list. What a MAJOR ASS the current president of the NRA is. He was ranting about Hillary Clinton and spouting off in a way that translated in to any gun anywhere for anyone and anyone that was not for that was a “Left Wing Liberal” – THAT is supporting Bush? I truly welcome Charlton Heston’s point of views by comparison. At least he had some sense about him.

Using that avatar tells me that Truth Seeker is not seeking truth, but is only interested in preaching to the far far right choir and to inflame those that have opposing views…association by association. This is a recording forum. An avatar is used to give personality to the poster, and occasionally to voice opinions. Now we know here you really stand Truth. Thanks. Has Truth Seek posted over in the other part of the forum EVER?

Can you tell how I feel about the NRA? I used to be a member if the NRA. I have owned and still do own guns, though the only guns I still own are WWI and WWII weapons (_teh hunting stuff when to my brother). I am not for banning guns.

I am not for banning guns.
And neither is anyone else (except for the guns that can fire 30 rounds in a 15 seconds - you know the ones that hunters use to hunt deer with).

Well, I’m for banning guns. What a nutty idea!

Wisconsin today: five people killed in a hunting argument!

Quote (phoo @ Nov. 22 2004,13:48)
And now Truth Seeker is using an avatar for an organization that I consider to be....out of touch with reality.

Using that avatar tells me that Truth Seeker is not seeking truth, but is only interested in preaching to the far far right choir and to inflame those that have opposing views....association by association. This is a recording forum. An avatar is used to give personality to the poster, and occasionally to voice opinions. Now we know here you really stand Truth. Thanks. Has Truth Seek posted over in the other part of the forum EVER?

Well I guess it was bound to happen. The avatar police have arrived. Atleast my name isn't ebonics for fool. :) I have posted on the other forum. I'm not seeking the truth about music so I don't use "truth seeker" on the other forums. I didn't know it was a problem to use more than one username. :O This particular forum is about anything else. Specifically not music as you state in your post phoo. BTW, I'm not a member of the NRA nor have I ever been. It's interesting that you would think that. Perhaps you'll prefer my new one. I view the avatar more as a conversation piece than an identity or personality. To each his own.

Then why not post using the same name in here that you do when posting over there? It’s the same forum. You are the same person (I hope). There is no reason to hide unless you are shamed or afraid for some reason. (it can be fun to post using a true alias – I’m not totally knocking it – look at Mr Golly Gee Been Gali)

I associated you with the NRA and I assumed you meant to be associated with the NRA because you used their logo as your avatar. It’s a logical association.

On the other hand, you don’t seem to be posting under a fake alias for the same reasons Bin Gali does. You do see to have a legit take on things and contribute to the conversation. That’s another reason I take you seriously, and your avatar association. If you do agree with their stance then by all means keep using it. And I won’t complain again.

Really.

Who is Ali bin Gali?

I know Toker accused me of being him, assumedly because of the similarity of name, it can’t be for any other reason! LOL

And who is truth seeker.

Who am I? And do I care! :laugh:

Ali

Tom - that was actually the same gun I was making reference to.

Phoo, I was being a little antogonistic by using that avatar I suppose. I switched it. No big deal. Like I said, I use the other alias for here and this one for the other forums. I don’t post over there much because most of the stuff gets answered before I get a chance too. Plus, I haven’t made the switch to v4 yet so I don’t want to speak out of school.

The main reason I use two aliases is because I post political views here and musical stuff there. Same forum, different discussions, different usernames. I did put my name at the bottom of truth seeker about a week ago, to clarify that. But thanks for asking. I appreciate your candor. :)

Brad - I have no problems with you using different alias, avatars are whatever. It makes absolutely no difference to me. I use several also, plus I’ve been thinking about creating a new one. I think “truth seeker” is great, as long as that’s what you are really seeking.