Kerry Trashes the Military

Again

Kerry

I agree that what Kerry said what poorly worded but he was not trashng the military. I don’t think he owes anyone an apology but I do think he could have been alittle more sensitive in his later explanation.

And I don’t recall any earlier incident of Kerry trashing the military? Can you please provide us with links? Kerry was critical of Vietnam & some of the officers there but that’s different.

Kerry is a medaled, American hero. He put his life on the line so people like you could trash him later. He fought in Vietnam when Bush, Cheney and Clinton choose to stay home where it was safe.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Nov. 01 2006,11:54)
I agree that what Kerry said what poorly worded but he was not trashng the military. I don’t think he owes anyone an apology but I do think he could have been alittle more sensitive in his later explanation.

And I don’t recall any earlier incident of Kerry trashing the military? Can you please provide us with links? Kerry was critical of Vietnam & some of the officers there but that’s different.

Kerry is a medaled, American hero. He put his life on the line so people like you could trash him later. He fought in Vietnam when Bush, Cheney and Clinton choose to stay home where it was safe.

"And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the-of-the historical customs, religious customs."

Here is the transcript

Kerry’s “Band of Brothers”.

Here

Testimony of John Kerry
John Kerry,

" I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command…

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

Midget Hot Rink

What do you if you are too stupid to make it in the military?

Marry a bunch of rich women and buy yourself a senate seat!!

Ha! Ha!

Now that’s a joke !!

Midget

Kerry’s Target

I agree with Keith:

Commentary

Doubt that Mighty Mouse will watch it but he should.

KF

Distractions, distractions, distractions! Midget, you are a right wing plant here to stir the muck in our little pond, and to make us forget what we will be voting for and against on Tuesday! :)

Quote (TomS @ Nov. 02 2006,08:54)
Distractions, distractions, distractions! Midget, you are a right wing plant here to stir the muck in our little pond, and to make us forget what we will be voting for and against on Tuesday! :)

Somebody takes himself way too seriously. Why would a right-wing plant give a crap about a handful of amateur musicians??

Because we here will detremine the outcome of world history, ksdb! You know we will! :D

BTW, both of these posts were made with tongue in cheek…

Quote (TomS @ Nov. 02 2006,11:12)
Because we here will detremine the outcome of world history, ksdb! You know we will! :D

BTW, both of these posts were made with tongue in cheek...

Many a truth is said in jest, such as how Jo.Ke. put his foot in his mouth. Thanks goodness he's married to the condiment queen so he can improve the taste of his toes.

So what did Kerry say that was so wrong?

Why else would people join the army except for being too dumb to do anything else? It can’t be because they like shooting people can it?

I was too dumb to avoid the draft and finished up in Vietnam, luckily in a non-combatant unit. And I can tell you this, the army is full of dumb-asses all the way up from grunts to five star generals.

<!–QuoteBegin>

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

Remember My Lai -
Massacre

Lyman - you got it right!

Even Michael Smerconish, a right-wing radio host (who I actually find semi-reasonable) got that Kerry was trying to tell a joke. This election isn’t about John Kerry - it’s about Bush & the war in Iraq!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Why else would people join the army except for being too dumb to do anything else?

What a stupid thing to say. :(

<!–QuoteBegin>
the army is full of dumb-asses all the way up from grunts to five star generals.

It has been my experience that this holds true in the private sector more than the military. Don’t you agree? There are stupid people everywhere.

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

Why else would people join the army except for being too dumb to do anything else?

What a stupid thing to say.

It might be, if that’s what I had said. But I suggested two reasons. The first was stupidity, the second was a desire or willingness to shoot people.

What other reasons can you suggest Diogenes?

Fight for your country? See above re shooting people.

Die for your country? See above re stupidity.

And let’s make clear the context. I’m not talking about defending your home, but flying overseas to Nam or Iraq or Korea purely for the purpose of killing strangers.

<!–QuoteBegin>
It has been my experience that this holds true in the private sector more than the military. Don’t you agree? There are stupid people everywhere.

Yes, there are stupid people everywhere. But ignoring your intended insult, I assume your experience of the private sector and the military differs from mine.

Because I assure you, the stupidity I encountered in the army has never been equaled by any company I’ve ever worked for.

What Kerry was supposed to say…
<!–QuoteBegin>

Do you know where you end up if you don’t study, if aren’t smart, if you’re intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush.

now THIS is funny!

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/783407-a783418-t3.html

What Jo.Ke. really ended up saying:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Do you know where you end up if you don’t study, if aren’t smart, if you’re intellectually lazy? You end up losing a national election to President Bush, and then two years later, you botch a bitter joke about President Bush and have to backpedal to spare your party of major embarrassment, potentially costing them seats in Congress.

Lyman,

I intended no insult. If you were around here more often, you would know that I don’t do that. I just think making a blanket statement that people join the military because they are too dumb to do anything else is unfair and untrue. If that’s not what you meant, then obviously (like Kerry) I read the statement wrong! :p

D