Key Bindings

future build?

Is anyone else interested in the idea of having assignable ‘Key Bindings’ in n-Track? You know, like Cool Edit Pro or AA has? Almost every process can be expedited in CEP through use of an assigned keystroke. Makes it possible to super-streamline your work/procedures.

This might entail more under the surface as far as certain stability issues, etc., I don’t know. But I was just thinking again. (Oops…)

Hey Sloom, IIRC we discussed this a couple of years ago.

Once we started digging around we discovered that there sure are a lot of keyboard shortcuts already available in n-Track. Not assignable, sure, but coupled with the standard windows keys (like CNTRL-C, CNTRL-V etc), there’s plenty of power to be had.

Mark

Quote (Mark A @ Jan. 09 2006,00:57)
Hey Sloom, IIRC we discussed this a couple of years ago.

Once we started digging around we discovered that there sure are a lot of keyboard shortcuts already available in n-Track. Not assignable, sure, but coupled with the standard windows keys (like CNTRL-C, CNTRL-V etc), there's plenty of power to be had.

Mark

I'll have a re-look through the manual- are these in there, or is there another reference for this? I only remember seeing a few in the Help files. Could be that old amnesia is back.

Anything that can make one move out of two or three is a plus! Thanks, Mark.

Hey- (uuuhhhhh…) now that I think of it, I discovered (by mistake) that hitting TAB gives you track volume envelopes in the timeline! I think- my PC’s out for a couple days, on a bench for upgrade, so I’ll check upon it’s return.

Right, more digging around. Thanks, again!

You’ll gonna find this out yourself anyway, but I figured I’ll post this so long.

From the helpfile

To adjust more the mixer settings, you can use the keyboard as a set of virtual faders:

Q W E R T Y U I

A S D F G H J K

will add (Q) or subtract (A) 1 unit from the volume setting of tracks 1 to 8.
Holding down the SHIFT key or activating CAPS-LOCK will increase the step to 10 units.
Holding down CONTROL key or activating SCROLL-LOCK, will switch the keys to operate on the pan settings.
For tracks other that the first 8, select the desired track (clicking with the mouse on any of its waveforms), and the use C and V keys to move the selected track’s volume or pan sliders.

Z and X adjust the master volume level.
0 (zero) starts recording, ‘.’ and L stop recording and playback.
Use M and N to move the time scroll bar, Spacebar to start and stop the playback and Backspace to rewind

Zooming: +/- zoom in and out the X (time) axis. Shift +/- zoom the Y axis. Zooming and panning the timeline window can be also performed very conveniently using the mouse wheel

Cool, thanks, Wihan. My thoughts on picking up a new control surface (since selling my US-428) are now pretty much out the window! That’s a good thing.

Is there a reference guide to these keyboard functions anywhere in the manual?

It’s under “keyboard layout”.

Well… that’s a danm silly place to put it.
:;):

I know. We ought to get Flavio to fix that. :laugh: