keyboard multi channel recording

Multi channel

Hi
I am trying to record from my keyboard live multi channel tracks, with Ntrack7x64 but each time it shows the recording being made then when I stop it no file??? If I just use a single instrument it works what am i missing here any ideas appreciated.

Dave

what type of keyboard?
sound card?

if it’s audio there is a place in Ntrack to select which channels an interface uses to record. (hammer on rec meter?)

Midi, is another animal with multitrack.

Grrrh

Quote: (dontcare @ Aug. 05 2013, 2:51 PM)

what type of keyboard?
sound card?

if it's audio there is a place in Ntrack to select which channels an interface uses to record. (hammer on rec meter?)

Midi, is another animal with multitrack.

Hi
Maybe I expecting the impossible,
I have tried this:-
This is what Im trying to do.
1) Load a wave file that has been run through widi conversion software, So I now have a midi file with loads of extra notes. (All I want is the melody midi track to turn into a music score via Notation composer.

Too complex to sort out as Lh-RH Melody and accomp all appear all over the place.

So Next try

2) I have attached either Yamaha Tyros4,or Yamaha Psrs750, or Gem Genesys via a midi to usb cable, and I am expecting the output of Ntrack7x64 to separate the tracks for me. It appears to show the recording of all tracks then it never shows the midi version. But If I play a single note it works OK.

Computer set is is
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz 53
°C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI IONA (CPU 1) 41
°C
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
1024MB ATI Radeon HD 5450 (MSI) 53
°C
Hard Drives
1863GB ATA WDC WD20EARX-00P SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 29
°C
932GB ATA WDC WD10EADS-65M SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 34
°C
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW TS-H653R SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Audio
Sound Cards
WsAudio_Device
ATI High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
USB Audio Device
Playback Devices
Speakers (WsAudio_Device)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (default)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Recording Devices
Line (WsAudio_Device)
Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)

ok,

so your are trying to record multiple MIDI tracks,

now we are getting somewhere. :agree:

One way I can think of, is once you have recorded your pass if you want to separate the different midi instruments into their own tracks export the midi file and save as Type 1.

Type 1 (midi_01) will take each instrument and put them on their own tracks.

I think versions past 5, v6 and beyond allow to save as midi type 1. :)

also if you are attempting to transfer the midi file from one of the keyboards into Ntrack to be recorded in real time make sure one of them (the Yamaha Tyros4,or Yamaha Psrs750, or Gem Genesys) are selected in Preferences as a Midi device, if you don’t select the appropriate device (you can highlight more than one) no midi date will be recorded.

you are better of doing it that way (keeping the data midi) involving audio and widi software just complicates things IMHO, tho it may be necessary in situations where midi is not possible (like a live drum track for example).

Just in case: there is a new setting in build 3096. With the Record VU meter open, click on the record button on that screen. there is a selection "Set all Audio Inputs to record new tracks."
That will open all tracks armed for recording.