kinda cool...not that cool

I have zero experience with your issue - but
My karma would be 'I am on a path that seems to be rising to a place where I want to be. My current location on this path may not be one where I am able to exercise total control at this time. However, this is an opportunity to get farther along the path.'
I’m not sure you should be over-reacting with worries about being your own attorney, publishing house, etc. at this time. I’m sure you have enough talent as to be more than just a flash in the pan. And evidently Aardvark thinks so too. Try to relax and stay in the moment - be confident, but not confrontational at this point. And see what they are willing to offer you. Everybody wants to make money - I think if they take a chance on you, that it might be more in your long term interest to not try to over negotiate yourself out of a chance to continue your climb.

Quote:

Ange is too busy trying to work out whether to be excited or not to actually write a meaningful post.

Quote:

popps...my head's in bits!

The idea of Rob taking on some of the burden on the business side is a good one. I figured out years ago that if I get too bogged down with the business of music, my creativity, and even my desire to write, suffers. We certainly don't need Ange having similar experiences. So Rob, the more knowledgeable you can become on these things, the easier it will be for both of you.

i like when other people get ‘volunteered’ to do things. it’s usually me, so it’s nice to have a break.

Hey Jason a friend of mine needs a CD worth of bass parts - I told him you’d be more than happy…

neeet-o!

wait, this sounds like volunteering…

what they hey! i’m a co-dependent sucker.

The scam to watch out for would be them telling you that your vocals and lyrics are great but the music isn’t cuttin it. But they could get the music done for so much. Don’t doubt it sugar, your good enough!

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Jun. 05 2009, 3:30 PM)

Quote: (ange @ Jun. 05 2009, 3:24 PM)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhh

Bad hair day? I have had a bad hair YEAR thus far... So I know the feeling...

D

I used to have bad hair days everyday until I shaved it all off! *wondering why I still want to spell "until" with 2 Ls*. lol

But what if they said; "fly in for recording and then tour, one week before your wedding? Whatcha gonna do then? I mean it’s already June!

Just a quick update…

I have a meeting with “mr aardvark records” on the 4th july so I guess all will be revealed then… i’ll keep you posted

Mwah x

Quote: (Levi @ Jun. 06 2009, 1:14 PM)

But what if they said; "fly in for recording and then tour, one week before your wedding? Whatcha gonna do then?
I mean it's already June!

I make sure that I get my priorities right...

God
Rob and Amy
Family and friends
Career
etc
etc
:laugh:
Good luck
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jun. 03 2009, 9:07 AM)

wasn't it aardvark that had something to do with Levi?
or was that someone else?

Not the same.
Ange, Aardvark records that your link goes to looks pretty good.
I'm sure they will respect your priorities! More than good luck, much luck! I haven't heard of any of their artists in their stable but they might be able to help build your web presents. Maybe more. Wondering what genera you would fall under? Would music and meditation? Definitely worth looking into.

One thing that some try to sell is distribution. But in my mind distribution only works if you have promotion followed by live appearances in the area of distribution. So putting your CDs in a music stores in Los Angles really doesn't do any good if you don't promo and play in Los Angles.

If they say your mix and musicianship is holding you back let us be the judge of that. Let us know what songs they are basing their opinions on.
You know yourself but we and help. Your gut instinct will say most.

Thanks for the advice Levi, I know you guys are always here…I intend to use you all to your full potential :p

Ange x

Quote: (ange @ Jun. 16 2009, 5:54 AM)

I intend to use you all to your full potential
:p

Ange x

:p