King Bee buzzin

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Nov. 01 2009, 12:24 PM)

here's what i've got so far on the fretless bass.
let me know if you need something different!

http://www.adrive.com/public....af.html

incognito

You played all that on the fret'less huh?
Yea thats the jest of it Jason. Sorry you didn't get to record your part to the drum kit and a more defined rhythm part.
I might chop what you sent to build the arrangement.
And I might ask for some segment parts.
When the arrangement is more defined I'll send it to you to jam your part to if you would like to record to the drums for the spirit of it all. I think you should because this is not going to sound like the reference vid when done, it's going to sound more like the rollin stones on steroids! I like the sound a lot, nice playin! I had fun jammin along tonight and got a load of guitar ideas.
And some technique developed.
About the only thing that I want to change is adding some bars on the tonic at the beginning for that signature lick that the harp does in that reference vid.
And then adding it again before the solo jams and maybe again at the very end.
What your playin on the D now, fits behind it just fine.
But for dynamics maybe thumping for that section would add.
And in the solo area I did some stops to let the drums funk on, it sounded great, so I'll try to add that.
I just need some time with it.
I do have some personal business to take care of tomorrow(today)too.
But who's in a hurry?

I'll also post a sample of me playin that signature lick so you other pickers can play along, the same thing, to make it big and powerful. Doin the same phrasing and or harmonizing.
I just say for now develop some ideas and technique and don't take that rhythm that you have now, to serious.
I really put that up for the songbirds.
A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF LESS BEING MORE enjoy some rl burnside
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Oct. 30 2009, 6:50 PM)

Nope. All I have to do is a vocal.

Maybe you can get one of those white scarfs to keep your vocal cords warm. And you could get some matching ear muffs too just in case. We don't need you catching a cold, drink plenty of honey and rum and stay away from the aggressive women, stay ready. :laugh:
Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 01 2009, 4:47 AM)

Hi. Just in case 'above' caused confusion, I loaded both files with n set to 110bpm and they sync and grid just fine.

:agree:

sounds fine with me. it could probably use some cleaning up anyway, the more i listen to it. i’d love to fine tune, especially when i have more from which to reference (drums, solos, stops, vox, etc.) yeah that’s all fretless. first ever recording with it! (i am playing it on a new song i’m working on now, though. been ages since i wrote/recorded anything of my own!)

Because of licensing and because it sounds so cool I’ve decided to go ahead with the song on my own.
I always respect the original artist and publisher and get licensing through soundscan.
So because of that I’ll offer up a loop and rhythm of somehting original instead, maybe pretty soon.
Where we can all join in jamin.
No rules, no specific riffs, just pure jammin.
I’ve had a little trouble finding free time to work on any music lately
:) But I’ve got a few to finish up, then the jam.
It isn’t like I don’t have anything to work on. I’ve got a stock pile of riffs to turn into songs.
And some close to being songs as they are.

That’s a shame. I’ve been working a three bees in close harmony for the slide - no joke :heart-break:

Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 27 2009, 12:10 PM)

I've been working a three bees in close harmony for the slide - no joke

What do you mean Tony?
Do you have tracks available? Anyone else?

I had jammed around a bit with the tracks you provided, but with the recent developments assumed it was off.

Yes-ish. Untill I’ve built the studio, I have nowhere to make noise in peace. So I have fun doin’ headphone/midi/edit stuff.
I ripped the original with Freecorder from the link you posted and stuck it into n-T.
Just for fun and to keep n busy in my mind, I started to nail it down to a BPM and grid it, with the idea of doing three bees buzzing the signature ‘slide’ in the track in close harmony. Like I said, “just for fun”. But I was honestly gonna have a go this weekend.
It don’t matter none.

Tony, three bees buzzin is a drink. Have you been drinkin goodbud? :laugh: