Latency intrack 21

???

Hello fellow ntrackers!

I am having a problem with latency in one of my tracks (it happens to be #21-vocal)
It is just a few microseconds off, but very annoying nonetheless.
I have tried several attempts at correcting to no avail.

Anything you would care to share?

Thank you very much

Hey Pianoman,
If latency is only happening on one track, and if you used the Live input processing for that track you can correct that in ntrack prefrences, options: check; compensate plugin latency, that should stop the lagg.
To sink the track you have recorded use the magnifing icons to expand the track (you can adjust it many ways) for accuracy in lining up with a beat in the song. You can use the plus icon to slide your track.

According the Kinsey Report (see link in the “harmful books” post in the other forum), 37% of sequencers are “latent”, and 64% of VST’s are so far out of the closet that they’re not even in the same building! :D

If you’re talking about the lag of the track in relation to the others, as Tom says, just compensate and drag the track. (Oops, wrong word perhaps. :( )

Anyway, a couple of microseconds?

You can hear that small a delay in a vocal track? (or any other non-percussive track).

Even if you meant milliseconds, you’ve still got better ears than me mate. :D (Mind you, that’s not saying much. :( )

If my vocals are in the right bar, I call it a keeper! :laugh:

Ali

Thank you for the help guys!

(And yes…whether it be micro, milli, or nano, I can hear it.)

Er… if you can tell a track is out of synch by a nanosecond… you da’ man! Come on dude. There is NO WAY!

TG – skeptic

PS You do realize that a nanosecond is 1,000,000,000 / 1 sec right?

Quote (Ali_T @ June 04 2005,19:26)
According the Kinsey Report (see link in the “harmful books” post in the other forum), 37% of sequencers are “latent”, and 64% of VST’s are so far out of the closet that they’re not even in the same building! :D

as Tom says, just compensate and drag the track. (Oops, wrong word perhaps. :( )

:D It must be Tito’s Vodka that makes me think that the track actually slides along the track line… :p If it isn’t draggin or slidin, it’s, emerging? Haha, thanks for the chuckles Ali! Maybe Flavio could explain this very intresting visual phenomenon! I still believe that you have to netrualize latency with pre’delay! Then the idea of pre’delay is just about uncomprehensible! :D Premature I can relate to! The thought of premature’delay, cracks me up!