Latest bug fixes

Hi Flavio thx for those fixes, that was quick!
Didn’t even have to ask. :D

This build has a couple issues.

1. View of song stays at one place on the time line as the song position gets lost when zoomed in a little.
2. When splitting a track.
The new tracks drop to take up the last position.
Instead of holding it’s position.
3. I’m getting duplicate mp3s, they are called “from the mp3”.
Maybe the split and the duplicates are not bugs, but they are different to me.
4. Tracks are not always deleting from the folder when removing from the timeline and chooseing to delete them forever.
Everything else seems ok.

Think I’m finished beta testing for now. Gluck

Quote: (Levi @ Apr. 17 2009, 3:07 AM)

View of song stays at one place on the time line as the song position gets lost when zoomed in a little.

Simply put when zoomed in a little and playing a song, the view wasn't changing at all.

Anyone else have that happen?
I don't think it's my daw, I haven't changed or added anything.

Heh-heh… heh-heh… “bug fixes”… heh-heh… heh-heh…

:laugh:

D

Quote: (Levi @ Apr. 17 2009, 6:56 PM)

View of song stays at one place on the time line as the song position gets lost when zoomed in a little.

Simply put when zoomed in a little and playing a song, the view wasn't changing at all.

If you mean that the zoom doesn't follow the position of the playback cursor during playback, could it be that you have disabled the "Transport/Auto scroll timeline" option (which can happen if you inadvertedly press Ctrl+T)?

Flavio.

Alright look. I got a notification email that says there’s a new non-beta. I always check in when I see that, and I always find what I discern as a “basic” bug thing going on. Like a (silly, really) GUI issue, or a filing issue. How come new features get added but old issues aren’t put to bed?

All I want to do is basic audio operations: Record or transfer from tape, edit, arrange… move to a mastering or sequencing (for CD) app. I’d be back to n- in a flash if I could do this. I’m using a Fostex 250 4-track cassette recorder and Cool Edit Pro on the rare occasion I do anything. But that may change, I’ve got a band who wants to do something this summer. But n-Track will not be part of it because of stuff like this. I’m sorry about it!

I stand waiting to be corrected…

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Apr. 18 2009, 1:55 AM)

Quote: (Levi @ Apr. 17 2009, 6:56 PM)

If you mean that the zoom doesn't follow the position of the playback cursor during playback, could it be that you have disabled the "Transport/Auto scroll timeline" option (which can happen if you inadvertedly press Ctrl+T)?

Flavio.

Yea that'a strong possibility!
I'll check for that. Thx Flavio

Also I downloaded 2475 and that is no problem in 2475 and on a different computer.
Quote: (Sloom @ Apr. 18 2009, 6:40 AM)

Alright look.
I got a notification email that says there's a new non-beta.
I always check in when I see that, and I always find what I discern as a "basic" bug thing going on.
Like a (silly, really) GUI issue, or a filing issue.
How come new features get added but old issues aren't put to bed?

All I want to do is basic audio operations:
Record or transfer from tape, edit, arrange... move to a mastering or sequencing (for CD) app.
I'd be back to n- in a flash if I could do this.
I'm using a Fostex 250 4-track cassette recorder and Cool Edit Pro on the rare occasion I do anything.
But that may change, I've got a band who wants to do something this summer.
But n-Track will not be part of it because of stuff like this.
I'm sorry about it!

I stand waiting to be corrected...

Hi Sloom,
I believe that Flavio figured this prob I experienced. Because I'm trading my keyboard for my guitar and back and forth while studding and learning new guitar parts. The key board doesn't always make it to it's standby position smoothly.

You know Flavio, I don’t always do a clean installs and that could also be a problem for beta testing.
Maybe clean installs should be a requirement for fair beta testing.

That’s cool Levi, I only get on the horse because I like n-Track, and miss using it. I won’t though, until I can be succored back in by seeing the odd behavior changed to a non-issue. I still think it’s an issue.

When I get some time I’ll reload the new demo on a new machine (I’m looking around for a laptop- I only have a home machine now). But as of now I’m not sold.

Hi Sloom:
It’s good to see you back here… I’m replying to your post because I found myself belly-aching like I’m hearing you on this thread… The guys got after me because I had these outdated machines that wouldn’t handle all the stress that present day utilities and applications demand, and all… I was given a Creation Station by Sweetwater/n-Track Group that raised me-and-my setup to present day computer standards…

It’s a real awakening…

I think it would be a great help to the Audio Guys to once again open a discussion/topic/thread on what the minimum specifications what-and-how an acceptable machine should be equipped with to carry out decent audio tracking,editing,mixing and mastering… It’s not acceptable to audio guys to tolerate be unable to stream audio files from a hard drive, that isn’t perfect…

In most cases it’s the computer and the applications that aren’t audio related that causes all the issues…

That’s what I think…

After fifteen-to-twenty years of playing around with computers from ATARI-to- these Windows Based machines I still know very little about them… BUT… I know if I can’t stream an audio file it ain’t no good for me or anyone else around me to continue complaining about my machines…

I know one thing… The machines I have now work pretty nice… that’s if I don’t screw around with them and do something with them that ain’t audio related…

One thing I still don’t know is… Just what makes a good Audio Machine… ????

Bill…

Hi Bill,

Well that might be it… the pc I had was made by a guy who did a decent machine, but would not listen to me when I asked him to go see this or that. I wanted him to get audio-machine educated, and he wouldn’t do it!

So one point down. But Sonar HS, Reaper, and a few others had no issues.

I’m trying to get a dedicated laptop this year. when I do I’ll re-try n-. Until then, no more belly-aching.

:cool:

Hi Sloom:

I can’t say that I’m in the
Laptop Camp… However, the machine that arrived at my door from Sweetwater
in Fort Wayne is so nice…
I was frightened to plug it in and take it for spin…
I looked at it and took the side panels off and read the manuals for maybe three days or so. Then got the courage to power it up…
What a treat it was
see how it
behaved with the most meanial tasks… The very next day I called the phone company and ordered a Hi-speed Internet Connection.

Sloom…
YOU owe it to youself too
leave behind whatever machine and
setup you have now and invest in some
kind of dual processor machine with 2
gig. of ram with Vista Home Premium as the Operating System…
It so happens that I am in the Intel Camp…
This Creation Station has an ASUS P5QL Pro Mainboard…
I’m not a supporter of any one type of brand name of hardware… BUT, having said that…
this machine doesn’t appear to have or show any issues…
So-Far…

It’s been so long sense I’ve done any tracking that I feel frightened to get back at it…
I’m in the beginning stages of building a new studio… I need to get busy…
I have several months ahead of me till I get to the point of opening up any microphones and pushing the record command…
The computer and software is way down the list of things that are gonna worry me in the tracking process…

I’d really like to see you report up here that you have a stable machine and your back tracking again…

Bill…

Well I’m hoping to head in that direction. Thanks for the word of confidence and advocacy! I am encouraged… I like a laptop for the portability. I have an external HD jig I’d use for .wav files, and a Tascam US-428 surface controller.

I’ve just quit all but lucrative projects- no more rock band. It’s all going to be recording for a while. I’ll form a band after I get a set of tunes produced, I guess… definitly have to perform, but I’m really inclined to get into a creative studio trip. n-Track would be fine as a format, if it works well. I’ll need to spend a little scratch for a good machine.

Anyhow, after I get the Smith Burner I recently snicked in a trade deal fixed up, I’ll turn and aim for a machine. To be continued…

Hi Again Sloom:

Flavio says that n-Track will operate in a P-111 enviroment with '98SE and/or XP as the Operating System… However, I am unable to open n-Track and run even one track on the timeline with any stability…
There appears to be audio
or
video or a combination of both on the old P-111 machine I used to use as a Test Machine and where I did much of the editing of tracks I had in progress…

I began to complain about all the P-111 issues I had to tollerate while using and editing with n-Track and everyone jumped on me like
a cigarette butt… Even the new guys who began lurking up here…
:p
:p
They ended up giving me a complex…
Flavio was almost ready to jump on me…

Anyway, the weather is turned for-the-better…
It’s close to record temperatures here today… It’s close to the mid-twenties here…
It (the nice weather) can’t come soon enough…

I’ve been in the studio working away…
I have some 12 hundred linier feet of Cedar for the walls and Oak Flooring to go down…
I’m in the process of wiring the
power/distribution panel and doing the lighting and all…
The Cedar is somewhat wet… I have it on my deck to see if the miosture content can be lowered somewhat…
We’ll see…

Bill…

I’d lay that cedar out in the room you’re going to install it. Get it acclamated and do it’s thing where it will live, rather than outside- even if it takes an extra few days.

I had always though n- would run in a less-than state of the art environment. Getting razzed by upstarts over something like this seems a bit unseemly, frankly! Why do new apps require new systems? Among the many reasons for getting software is that it’s less expensive than a room full of hardware.

This does not help the argument that n-Track rocks…

But I will let it lay.

I think I will take your advise…

I have a tarp over it so the sun wouldn’t get to it… There’s a beautiful breeze blowing here, today…
The cedar came in here to St. John, New Brunswick by rail car, so I’ve been told… Then to here by truck on an open deck…
It’s road water on it…
I think…
If it came in here in the middle of a snow storm the water on it it has road salt with it, as well…
About half of it is still in on the studio floor…
You’ll see photos of the cedar in the Photo Blog, I have going…

I can’t wait till the wiring gets done and the insulation goes in…

My hopes-and-dreams for this place is it’s gonna become a tracking room…
We can only wait-and-see if in fact it’ll work as a tracking room…
I’d like to have four Class-Act Tracking Chains…
that will take any class mic or Line Level signal, to the Digital Domain…
Then…
four Class Act Repro Chains…
We can only wait-and-see if in fact this room will have that capability…

There will be much audio hardware in these chains…
and
A/D and D/A converters…
I’ve only ever used n-Track around here…
I have no other experience with any other multi-track digital editor…

Bill…

When the cedar dries you can install it, then hit the whole wall with some Murphy’s Oil Soap. There might be a better idea out there, but the salt will probably dry and brush off mostly- any stains left will likely come out with the Murphy’s. Use a Scotch-Brite pad, not too hard I should think, then wipe it off with a rag.

We had our best day of the year so far today. Even had a glass of wine outside with the wife at a neighbor’s house, watching the kids play. Never thought I’d be writing that last sentence… life is really, really mostly just not what you’d have expected!

Sounds like you’ve got a nice studio trip going there Bill. I’m just now going to test a power amp for my bass rig, but I’ll come have a look later tonight.

Peace,
Rog.