Lend me your ears

Quote: (Levi @ Jan. 26 2009, 12:13 PM)

Dubie u r trouble.
Bubba's totally used to my typing, spelling, foggy glass'e etc. :laugh:

Dube, your like a google'hound! a hell hound lol
I can see ya; Wow look at that word, wonder what that one means. Click clikc google/dictionary.com hahaha

This could be fun to watch!

Quote: (Levi @ Jan. 26 2009, 1:03 PM)

But can't you find a couple musician/builders who need a little studio time?

Absolutely, and I don't trust one of them to work a paint brush, do finish carpentry, or hang a door. Sigh.... it never ends.

hmmm. I’ve built 12 houses in the last 5 years, need studio time, have a sister in Columbus…

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Jan. 26 2009, 12:40 PM)

Quote: (Levi @ Jan. 26 2009, 1:03 PM)

But can't you find a couple musician/builders who need a little studio time?

Absolutely, and I don't trust one of them to work a paint brush, do finish carpentry, or hang a door. Sigh.... it never ends.

I can sure respect that! :agree: Sounds like your making something nice and special!

Heh-heh… Just messin’ with you Levi. As for Google… gee I thought everybody knew what a weir was! :laugh:

I live an area loaded with dams and weirs. It’s a location kinda thang I guess… :)

D

PS Never give a drummer a paint brush… :p Remember our previous conversation Bubba… SPRAY it, don’t say it…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 26 2009, 1:42 PM)

hmmm. I've built 12 houses in the last 5 years, need studio time, have a sister in Columbus...............

When will you be here? I have a guest room. Bring your gear...
Quote: (Dubious @ Jan. 26 2009, 1:12 PM)

Heh-heh... Just messin' with you Levi. As for Google... gee I thought everybody knew what a weir was! :laugh:

I live an area loaded with dams and weirs. It's a location kinda thang I guess... :)

D

aaaa that explains it :laugh: no prob all's fun that is funny!
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 26 2009, 12:42 PM)

hmmm. I've built 12 houses in the last 5 years, need studio time, have a sister in Columbus...............

Ya think I could hire you and Zay to build my wife a new house? I don't want nuttin' to do with it! Ya'll have to do what SHE says and I ain't gettin' within 10 miles until it's ALL over and it's moving day...

I'll drop a book of signed blank checks in the mail and pack my stuff... :laugh:

D

Wish it was that easy!

LOL… We know it’s not. That’s why we have mutually agreed building new is not an option. We’d end up divorced or one of us (me) dead! Forever practical and the family realist, I would argue the validity of every screw ball, opulent, eye-candy thing she wanted and I wouldn’t get any nookie for ten years! If I lived through it…

Ain’t happnin’… we’ll find one we like already built and buy it. Then I’ll die old and BROKE.

D

PS BACK ON TOPIC… Great job Bubba! PTM is cool bud. You let me know when I can get a CD now ya’ heah?

Quote: (Dubious @ Jan. 26 2009, 4:13 PM)

PS BACK ON TOPIC... Great job Bubba! PTM is cool bud. You let me know when I can get a CD now ya' heah?

Will do, likely mid summer. These mixes are just for booking demos. They will get the royal treatment once the room is ready..... you know, in 2024. Right now we are prepping for the busy St Paddie's season. Doing like 4 gigs a day that week. 10, 2 or 3ish, 7 ish, and 10 ish. Long days but lots of moolah as we are the only thing for miles that do anything even remotely like this.
Quote:

you know, in 2024.

That's 12 years too late Bubba! Won't be any point then. HURRY!

D

If Poppa would hurry his monkey ass up! You leave yet?

Yea I’m in Kansas!

Bubba,

Home For A Rest…Like everyone else the bass is a bit top side. BUT…WHAT A GREAT SONG!! And I love that guys voice!

Tomorrow…the acoustic guitar gets lost in the background. I have to listen again, I can hear it, its almost like the player is stepping to and from the mic…what else is back there? Is there a distorted electric guitar hitting and holding chords? Again, I realy like this guys voice.

Duff

I noticed that Duff. I chalk a lot of that up to mp3 artifacts though. We get mp3’s all the time to learn new material, a lot of which I have or have access to the full CD’s. On the mp3 versions, no matter what bit rate you use, it seems sometimes things just ‘vanish’ or get very quiet. These mp3 samples are only good for ‘rough’ opinions IMO… < pun intended…

D - mp3 hater…

Sorry I’m late but,
FANTASTIC! what a violin player, I’m totally jealous! Great sound! You killed me on that one, I nominate you for the n-track summer contest! (I haven’t read the whole thread yet, maybe someone already said all this, but hey!) Loved it!

Screw a bunch of Carpentry work, if I come up north we gonna jam!

Retiring all wood-working tools here, besides, I’ve already built (or worked in) my share of houses. Do you know who has the worst looking house in the neighborhood? The carpenter of course! :laugh:

“Home For A Rest” is great Bubba. Great character in the vox and nice authentic sound to the band. Great playing all round.
I used to listen to Bands playing stuff like this in the bars in Fort William on the West Coast of Scotland. There’s a great crossover in Gaelic music from the Irish to the Scots. Love this kind of stuff!