Level triggered recording crashing

Flavio

After 118 hours, memory usage for nTrack appears to be remaining steady at 87,224K (as per Task Manager) and the program continues to use about 3% of the CPU resources.

Paul

Flavio

After 142 hours, memory usage for nTrack appears to be remaining steady at 87,224K (as per Task Manager) and the program continues to use about 3% of the CPU resources.

Paul

Flavio

After 170 hours, memory usage for nTrack appears to be remaining steady at 87,224K (as per Task Manager) and the program continues to use about 3% of the CPU resources.

Paul

Flavio

After 185 hours I decided to stop the recording and start a new session.

When I pressed STOP, I received an error message that said:
'Error accessing wave file: error exiting the data chuck’

The same error occurred for each of the six (6) tracks. Once I’d pressed OK 6 times the program finally closed.

I also noticed that as the recording session got longer the ‘System Commit’ memory usage increased – at one point I noted it was at 46 GB’s. Not sure if this is relevant, but I have a screen shot of Process Explorer showing the value.

Paul

Flavio

I have just installed the latest beta version 3261

Paul

Flavio

Please respond to my last series of questions / comments. The program does not appear stable for my application and now I’m seeing an error message that says ‘overlapped i/o operation in progress’ and when I close this error I see the data chunk error that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
I would really appreciate a response from you or any member of the development team.
Paul

Hi Paul,

we are trying to reproduce the errors related to the messages you have received.
Unfortunately they are not easy to reproduce because of the special conditions required (such as very long recordings).
Regarding this, can you detect a condition (how often or how long after), for which there is the error message “Overlapped I/O operation in progress” ? Were the waveform drawing settings enabled (“Generate waveforms while recording” and “Show waveforms while recording”) ?
Please also send the memory usage report 'cause it could be useful.

Thanks,
Andrea