Levelator v1.4.0 b2430

Hi n-Trackers:

Some months ago Doc J opened a thread here for discussion regarding an Audio Utility called “Levelator”… Thank you Doc J for that link…
It was in it infancy back then…
This utility scanned and set audio levels and adjusted amplitudes between song files…
I believe it was used on files that was transmitted on UK and European Radio Stations…
I stand corrected on how I describe this utility is used…
It was designed by those technical people for use in-and-around Internet-and-Radio Broadcasting…

Here’s the Link

If you’re interested in this utility, it’s free for download…
It might be usefull for adjusting levels of .wav files before converting songs to .mp3 files or pre-mastering audio files
for projects, and all…

I see this utility as something n-Track Users might have need for…
Who knows
????

Bill…

p.s.

Registration to download and use the utility is free…

It’s your own, low cost, Optimod!

Hi Again:
After checking that link and downloading the utility, I discovered that the application-and-extension of the file was in some kind of extension that couldn’t be opened… at least on my machines… So, I when to CNET Downloads and found the file there… The extension was a .exe file on that site… It opens just fine.

Sorry, I don’t have the link/address

Bill…

I tried the software with mixed results. On this version of the tune Hallelujah, the vocals are too compressed and you can hear the compressor pumping on loud sections. TO compare, here is the same recording without Levelator.

BTW, this is a cut from the school CD this year. If you listen really carefully, you can hear me singing harmonies behind the singer during the chorus.

Mike

Hi DrGuitar:

I ran one of my mixes through the utility and got/heard exactly what you describe…

I now wonder if this issue should be reported to their issue department…
or…
whatever it’s called…

Two of us reporting the same results can’t be an accident…
I thought that it may have been something I created to cause the “Pumping”…
I don’t think it to be the caase now…

Bill…

p.s.
I think I have one of the original beta builds here somewhere…
I don’t think I heard anything like that back then…