Life is Love

:slight_smile:

Well, I actually recorded today, and for some reason I sounded sort of like Tommy Keene. Which is perfectly fine in my book. But flanders won’t like it.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8443728

I think it would be neat if you modulated down, maybe a minor 2nd, for the last verse. And it wouldn’t be unpleasant sounding if the organ part was a hair more prominent; I think it helps the thing move. Or maybe I just love the sound of the organ ever since playing with the old three-tier Hammond in my dad’s funeral home as a kid… :laugh:

'til next time;
tony w

wynot - down a minor 2nd? I’m not quite sure what that means.

Oddly the organ was more prominent, but I must have done something with it just before mixing, and it seemed to sound OK, so…but I will absolutely try to bump it up a bit.

I positively loved it. This effort should win an Indy grammy, imho.

Hah! flanders I can’t tell if you are ever serious.

OK, I guess I’ll go listen to the olefactory song… :)

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 07 2009, 3:50 PM)

wynot - down a minor 2nd? I'm not quite sure what that means.

That would be a whole step if I remember my theory aright. If the original is in G-flat, then the change would be to F-flat(E). Though a second listening makes me think it might be better to go up a whole step. An example would be Janis Joplin's arrangement of 'Me and Bobby McGee', which starts in G, and finishes in A.

'til next time;
tony w

I can’t think of any songs that modulate down a step. Must be some. The up-modulation we used to mock as the “Barry Manilow key change.” On the other hand, he made a lot of money… :)

Good stuff Tom. LOVE the stereo vocals in the mid 8…great production dude :agree:

Cool ending too.

The Barry Manilow key change is also now favoured by our very own music dehumaniser Mr. Simon Cowell I’m pretty sure. :laugh:

This one sounds like you got a good sound quality in the recording, love the chord progression, the song is so good, it’s got this mix of melancholy and joy, sounds great, fantastic tune!

Why, shucks, thanks nixon!

Late to the party here, but cool song. Nice and thick sounding refrain you got there. Is that tape saturation of some kind or what?Interesting how it makes the listener think about their own “p’s and q’s”.

No tape was harmed in the recording of this song. But the LA 120 was really pushed. Someday I’ll learn to use the equipment properly. :laugh:

Thanks for the listen and comment!

This is very good, good writing…I’m not so sure about the modulation down suggestion…nice vocal layering as it winds down to the end…Yeah, I bet that organ could come up, but I may not have picked up on that if it had’nt already been suggested

Well, then, the organ must come up!

Haven’t actually recorded anything in three weeks, gotta fix the radon problem, but they’re actually coming on Monday…yay…

So thanks for the listen, folks. Gonna have more really soon. :)

Take your time take your time :laugh:

Quote: (Levi @ Jan. 02 2010, 11:56 PM)

Take your time take your time
:laugh:

Well, I can't. Time moves too fast, seems like I have less and less of it each day. Why is that, anyway?

Good question. I suppose so you will have less time to think about it?