(Like Jesus Christ) he [Ken Lay] was crucified

by a government that mistreated him.

Poor old Ken Lay.

<!–QuoteBegin>

David Herrold, Lay’s stepson: "I am angry because of the way that he was treated in the last five years of his life … and I’m feeling a lot of joy … He had a lot of loving friends … He did have a strong faith in God, and I know he’s in heaven. And I’m glad he’s not in a position any more to be whipped by his enemy."

Reverend Dr. William Lawson: “He reached out to touch many people from many backgrounds … many economic levels … that included minorities like me.”

“Ken Lay was neither black nor poor, but I’m angry because Ken Lay was a victim of a lynching.”

"The folks who don’t like him have had their say. I’d like to have mine … (Like Jesus Christ) he was crucified by a government that mistreated him."

Ray Phillips, Lay’s brother-in-law: “I cried when he was falsely convicted. One thing I know is he was innocent. Ken always took the high road and looked for the best in everyone.”

"My entire family suffered a severe financial loss. Not one of us blamed Ken because we know he did everything he could to keep it from happening."

Mick Seidl, longtime friend: "Overzealous federal prosecutors have vilified an exceedingly good man … They did so without visible efforts to seek the truth, and the media piled on. It was total character assassination … I do know Ken would never intentionally do anything illegal."

Reverend Steve Wende, pastor at First Methodist Church of Houston which Lay attended: Lay was "in many ways a great hero to me."

From this article, we also see that W. Bush was lying when he said he didn’t know Ken Lay:
<!–QuoteBegin>
Lay was a longtime friend of the Bushes, contributing to their political campaigns and was nicknamed “Kenny Boy” by President George W. Bush.

I mean, all these politicians lie but your guys do it more than Democrats do & they get a way with it.

lying or lack of recollection???

:)

The connection with Jesus is really interesing - really interesting. On the one hand we have a man who died of natural causes (he had serious heart disease - very common in people with his lifestyle) who was also a serious criminal and was proscuted and given the best process available in these United States - make no mistake, he recevied a model trial. His values centered on ripping off others, taking as much of their property for his own that he thought he could get away with.

On the other hand, we have Jesus, asking us to give to the poor, and not just a little bit here and there to the extent that it won’t hurt our lifestyle, but everything, including the shirts off our backs (leaving us naked, by the way - Jesus had a funny sense of humor apparently :) ).

I can’t think of anything that demonstrates how very unChristian are the three above who make the link. They use their Christianity as a cloak to justify hurting others. Sanctimonious crooks. Might be the most intolerable sort.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Sanctimonious crooks.

Couldn’t have said it better.

You know there are some conspriacy-theorists who think Lay’s death was staged.

On the death note, another Enron related person was found dead in England this week.

“With England”?

Of course there are now conspiracy theories. Gotta love us humans, eh? :)

“In England”

Like Jesus…

Well they were both human.

Other than that, no found resemblance.

keep shinin’

jerm

:cool:

Quote (jeremysdemo @ July 14 2006,17:30)
Like Jesus....

keep shinin'

jerm

Good bad or indifferent they were both children of God.

Seems like enough to me.

But then, I'm an optimist.
Quote (TomS @ July 13 2006,15:41)
I can't think of anything that demonstrates how very unChristian are the three above who make the link. They use their Christianity as a cloak to justify hurting others. Sanctimonious crooks. Might be the most intolerable sort.

Right on, Tom.

W
Quote (BillClarke @ July 14 2006,21:12)
Quote (jeremysdemo @ July 14 2006,17:30)
Like Jesus....

keep shinin'

jerm

Good bad or indifferent they were both children of God.

Seems like enough to me.

Amen. :;):

And good point.

Also they are both infinitly precious to the Father. :)

keep shinin' Bill,

jerm :cool:

But not enough to claim that Lay was a victim. Merely enough to recognize his rights as a human being.