Live input question - EQ before track is recorded?

Hmmmmm – Yup.

That’s one thing that I liked about n for tracking lots of inputs to disk in a live setting. I used to stream 24 tracks to disk twice a day 30 - 45 minutes each time for Sunday church services. This was on a lousy AMD Athlon XP 2500 too. 24 bit, 44.1 khz audio, 20-24 tracks smooth as glass. Playback, mixing and FX is always where I ran into trouble.

D

So! I think the answer is ‘yes’. But you’ll have to ignore your sensibilities first. As Poppa says; “get the sound as close as poss”, hit Levi’s feel-good (LIVE) button and eq, record the track and then ad effect destructivley - pretend non of it ever hsappened and ‘hey presto’!!! Same result :;):

Wait though…

If the effect is in the track insert window, and you hit process track destructively, that does the processing after the track is recorded, not before doesn’t it?

Thanks for the replies.

PS. Get your drum key out and do a bit of tuning whilst rigged-up to nT with your cans on.

I don’t know about “Process track destructively”. I would not do such a thing. A safer method is to effect your track and then FREEZE it. Then you’ll have a track with your FX applied, that takes up no CPU AND can be un-done with a mouse-click.

D

Yes.

Quote: (tempus @ Mar. 23 2009, 5:17 PM)

Wait though...

If the effect is in the track insert window, and you hit process track destructively, that does the processing after the track is recorded, not before doesn't it?

Thanks for the replies.

Look at the flow diagram again...

How can it process the track destructively BEFORE it's recorded? :D

It can't.

D