Live Zoom H2 recording

U2 by H2?

An extended live jam of With or Without You.(some would say extended beyond reason, snippets from 5 other songs in there)

Recorded with the Zoom H2 sitting on the front table of the bar directly in front of the stage (which is why you can hear my wife chatting to one of the girls in the band). If nothing else it proves how bad the mix in the bar is.
Any ideas if it can be cleaned up?

Cheers,
Ian

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6833114

Bruffie, If I get a chance I’ll play around with it!

and you don’t want to sing my new tune … That recorder is awesome. You nailed this one Brough.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 27 2008, 7:39 PM)

and you don't want to sing my new tune ............. That recorder is awesome. You nailed this one Brough.

:) The vocals are just buried enough! But the guitar player is great.

But the H2 is awesome for sure. The best $200 I ever spent. I'm sure it could be better with a little more practice in setting it up for the venue.

Hi Gents:

That H2 Recorder is just great…
I want to attempt doing some Bass tracks with mine…
I’m hoping that I’ll get the chance over the winter and get back at tracking…
again…
That “All In The Game” Project I’m hoping will give me enough boost-and-incentive to get tracking again…
I got to get a hi-speed connection, it’s just too hard and time consuming to wait for music files to download and buffer to listen at all the beautiful work that being tracked and produced up here…
I read all the replies and critiques that the guys post and get some idea as to what and how the music sounds like…
BUT…
it’s not like hearing it with your ears…

Bill.

I am very disappointed -
that the girls in the SoundClick pic aren’t here with me.
That was a pretty solid recording/performance.
Just curious,
How do you have the H2 oriented. Is it on stage, or

Band

H2

Crowd

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Aug. 29 2008, 7:37 PM)

I am very disappointed -
that the girls in the SoundClick pic aren't here with me.
That was a pretty solid recording/performance.
Just curious,
How do you have the H2 oriented. Is it on stage, or

Band

H2

Crowd

Hi Seven,

The H2 was oriented exactly as you have it. It was on the front table in the bar with the band in front of it and the crowd behind. The H2 was set to record at 90deg width, 2 mics activated and facing the stage.
I don't know why the vocals are kinda low, they sounded ok in the bar, but the ceiling is only about 12 ft up so not ideal conditions. Had a lot of fun singing it though, even though the guitar player blew me away.

Perhaps the house speakers were aimed above the mics on the recorder? Anyway, that thing records amazingly well.

Yes, when you go up an octave it’s clear that the vocal sound is reflecting off the walls before it gets to the mics. Still a great recording. How many bars sound exactly like that? Sound reminds me of Joe’s Star Lounge in Ann Arbor 25 years ago. :agree: