Looking For...

I’ll say this so Bubba won’t catch hell - “Have you tried Reaper”?
Seriously!? It beats PT in my mind by a country and city mile.
Rock solid - plugins out the wazoo… tools too numerous to mention, and a bargain price!

If I had to have just one DAW software it would win hands down.

Ok? - so shoot me!

You owe it to yourself to try it.

Let’s see - what major recording studio or major recording artist is
using Reaper?
Most use either Logic or ProTools - right?

Don’t get me wrong - Reaper is fine and I use it too.

Quote:

Let's see - what major recording studio or major recording artist is
using Reaper?

Although I can't name any off the top of my head, I bet you might be surprised. I do know of one pretty good sized studio in Phoenix who relies on the big 'R'.

When you get up to major lablel sized outfits, sure you're going to find PT, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo, Sonar or Digital Performer. Why? Because it's technically superior? No. MARKETING!

D

I was more referring to being tied to proprietary hardware and expensive updates… and no free plugins. How many free VSts are out there? Zillions. (And on’t point to fxpansion… still gotta pay for the wrapper.) Or free anything for that matter. Not to mention LE being limited to 48 tracks. If you want unlimited tracks, hello to HD and even more $$$. An don’t try to point to what the free version can do. They yanked the free version as being available YEARS ago. So unless you have a connection to get an ancient free version, they got you by the short curlies.

As for Logic and ProTools… well, they are both certainly out there… but Cubendo, Digital Performer, SAW and Samplitude are all big popular too.

D, you’re thinking of Studio Z.

Actually, real pros use RADAR. :D

and real Cons?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 05 2009, 12:16 PM)

and real Cons?

Just sing the blues to each other... :p

D