Looking for

Quote: (phoo @ Apr. 16 2009, 6:41 PM)

Define "not completely dead"...could be the machine is at a scan rate or resolution the monitor isn't happy with now, even if it was happy before.

Hi phone:

Thanks for the reply..
Lets see if I can describe this..

..As long as I've had a computer setup working I have everything powered by a power bar that has a master switch..
After closing the computers down I can turn off this master switch and feel good that everything is powered off..
This means that when I return to power the setup on again I turn the master switch on and then power up whatever computer(s) I choose and have the monitors already powered up..
I don't have to touch the monitor power switches..
they are just always powered on..
They get video trigger'd to show video when the graphics card applies it's signal and then I see..
whatever..

Anyway, when I power'd the setup on
I saw the image..
"No Image Applied"..
appears on the screen, till the video card sends the monitor a graphics signal..
that is normal..
till the video card applies a signal..
But..
when I should have seen an image from the video card the monitor went to standby..
NOT Normal..
I dismantle the video setup and replaced the monitor screen to see it working as normal..
I tried the KDS Monitor in another setup only to see the same thing happen..

Then..
when I power'd that setup down and restarted that setup, I got a normal response..
to confirm that the KDS monitor was O.K.
Then, I replaced the ViewSonic Monitor with the KDS Monitor only to see the same issue appear..

Then I power'd everything down and restarted to setup to see a perfectly normal setup as it normally is/was//
The KDS Monitor is just fine now..

I am unable to explain why the setup behaved as it did..
for the KDS Monitor not to fire up..

Anyway..
strange Goings-On..

Bill..

p.s.

I got that Filezilla FTP Client up-and-running..
No issue of any kind..
so far..
However, I liked the Ipswitch program .. It's not what you use..
it's what you get used to using..

I should attempt to re-install it, one more time..
before I move on..
I hate to part with Old Friends..

Sounds like the KDS monitor doesn’t work on any machine, but another monitor works on all machines, but then the KDS worked fine on everything? Sounds like loose AC power or a flaky pin or corrosion on a video connector, or the video card got slightly unseated for a little while (had a gateway that came from the factory that way) If a little wiggle gets it going then it could be anything from a bad solder joint to ground squirrels.

I use a Data Transfer Switch to connect two machines to this KDS Monitor… At first I thought it might be the switch…
I removed the switch to find the issue still there…

What ever it was phoo it’s all fixed now…
I was in the process of taring that monitor apart to solder a dry AC plug/joint in the AC connector…
It was awful close… :p
:laugh:
The only thing… I couldn’t get the Bezel removed from the screen…
I tried everything…
ON-GO at removing the bezel… I was close to gettin the stone hammer out… :p
:laugh: If it wasn’t working …
I couldn’t make it any worse…
I took the side panel off the box and reseated to graphics card as well… Yea… I went over the card with a magnifying glass… When I was young and working at the Musicstop I could see dry solder joints with my naked eye… Not-Any-More… sigh…

I’m gonna tell you all…
KDS Monitors are tough…

Bill…

I’m waitin for the sports news to come on… to see if Montreal lost…